cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA on 4.2.2 update on HTC EVO 4G LTE???

Journeyman

ETA on 4.2.2 update on HTC EVO 4G LTE???

When will get info about the HTC EVO 4G LTE getting the 4.2.2 or 4.3.3 update?? It would be nice to get it before my contract is up. I really have been

enjoying the EVO 4G LTE. Having 1 or 2 more updates for it would make this an awesome phone. Just play nice with HTC and get this done. Thank you for your time.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: ETA on 4.2.2 update on HTC EVO 4G LTE???

The article that I had seen, and linked a post to, guessed it would be sometime after August.

Chuck

Journeyman

HA you were played, if you believe that ud believe everything. . the 4.2.2 is doubtful to be hitting the htc market for the evos IF YOU HAVE NOT NOTICED it is now almost the end of September and NO we do NOT have the update. . so keep your speculations to yourself. . and rumors un-posted

Master

Rumors are the only thing we have to go by and some of those rumors come from sources that have been very reliable in the past. So, if you have nothing better to say, then just go away. Obviously your butt hurt about something and your here griping about it and honestly, no one wants to hear it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I just read that the rumor mill is stating that HTC has no plans to give Sense 5 and Android 4.3 to the HTC Evo 4G LTE because it is not the same as their HTC One or HTC One X. I hope this is not true as I am definitely not feeling the love from HTC at all. I love their phones, but at this rate Samsung and Google's Nexus look more attractive with each passing month (only on updates). Functionality wise the HTC phones win hands down, but this is very disheartening. Chime in with your input if anyone knows more than the rumor mill.

I've started looking into this, and I've seen too many posts and articles saying that the LTEVO won't get the update for me to believe that it will. I know these are just rumors at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get it. One more reason I'm ditching HTC.

Journeyman

really dude? based on what? oh cause i actually learned something growing up and not to hear EVERYTHING I READ OR HEAR right douche?

Journeyman

I get the Sense we not getting 4.2.2 or Sense 5 as well. Shame because EVO LTE is a better phone than ONE X. Absolutely no reason for us not to be upgraded. Shame!

Journeyman

has anyone got the release yet?

Journeyman

I haven't as 10:50 pm west coast time 10/2/13

Master

Check again this morning. I received it when I woke up.

Hopefully it's a prelude to the bigger update coming later <fingers crossed>. While I don;t see us getting 4.3 I still see us getting 4.2.2 and Sense 5 in the next month or so. Mainly because the ONEX and several others of equal or lesser stature have been reported to be receiving it in the coming months.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat