cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE, Jelly Bean, and HTC Sync

Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE, Jelly Bean, and HTC Sync

Count me in as an unhappy outlook calendar user.  Would appreciate a fix asap please

Journeyman

Well isn't this a fine kettle of stew.

I just upgraded my laptop and also have Office Pro 2013.  I've d-loaded the latest version of HTC Sync which is v.3.2.2, but the calendar and people options are greyed out.  I'm pretty tech savvy, but this is rediculous.

Perhaps there is another app that will do the trick...

Wasting time,

Eric

Master

With Ice Cream sandwich, a new protocol was added labeled MTP. As a result, UMS was phased out and eventually eliminated altogether with the recent Jelly Bean update.

Unfortunately, this means we have to get new drivers/updates for our PC's. These are usually packaged with the HTC Sync software which would need to be installed. If your running a 64bit machine, your gonna have to wait as the drives don't seem to be compatible.

It's also possible that an existing driver is conflicting and preventing the new drivers from being installed. So you may have to contend with that as well.

What this mean is, We have to wait for colaboration from HTC, Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, etc.. to release compatible MTP drivers for our devices to address the issue. Keep in mind, other phones are having similar issues since the changeover.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

BTW, there are updates to both HTC Sync Manager and HTC Sync, including driver updates within.

So try them out and let the community know if they work.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have made some progress.  I am testing using 2 computers.  A desktop and a laptop.  Both are running Win7 x64 with lots of memory and hard drive space.  The only real difference between the two is the laptop runs Office 2010 and the desktop runs Office 2003. 

Here is what I know so far and I have been successful once. 

1.  You must uninstall all old HTC software and drivers.  They should be in the add / remove dialogue / Programs area of control panel.

2.  Forget HTC Sync it will not do anything in its present iteration - even the newest version that I have of 3.3.21.

3.  Install the newest version of HTC sync found on the HTC download site

4.  Here is the big one - Outlook must be your default client for all the options it has.  I have used Thunderbird for years as I do not like Outlook.  I do know how to switch the default back and forth so while annoying I can make Outlook the default email client when I want to sync and then switch it back to Thunderbird so that I when I click on a send mail link it will go to TB.  I only use Outlook for backing up my contacts and my calendar which only contains family birthdays.  I still use a paper calendar for everything else - LOL.

5.  I have been able to sync once with my laptop and that was the only time that the "Files" and "More" options were not greyed out.  As I sat down to post this reply I plugged in the cable from my EVO and sync manager popped up and gave me all options.  Yesterday it would not do that.  go figure.

I have tried turning on and off USB debugging and changing between sync and files on the phone connection.  What I have been told is that USB debugging should be on. 

I can see the phone storage using windows explorer in both cases.  When syncing with outlook be sure to go thru the selections and tell sync manager to use the phone storage and not the external (microSD) storage.

Hope that helps.  I still have to get the desktop working and sync manager is supposed to support Outlook 2003.  Will be working on that today as I will be home all day.

Jim Nealand

Kennesaw, GA

Journeyman

Number 3 above should state install the latest version of sync manager not HTC sync.

Journeyman

Unfortunately,  I tried all of the above, and I still have had no success.  I'll keep trying to see if I can get this to work.  I have to wait until March 1, 2014 to get a new phone at a reasonable price.  If this is not resolved in the next year, I can guarantee on March 1, I wll be getting a new phone AND it will definitely not be an HTC phone.  I will never recommend HTC phones to anyone ever again.

Master

Right, I posted the link above.

--

Journeyman

SOLVED!!

I had the same issue no access to Files or More options in HTC Sync Manager. Outlook 2010 32bit install, Win 7 Ultimate N 64bit Oper System, HTC Evo 4GLTE stopped syncing after successfully syncing on my Lenovo Desktop computer.

After months of trying to get it fixed, I insisted on escalated technical support from HTC (not Sprint as it is not their software). I even posted my technical need on the HTC Facebook site (I was desperate).

Within minutes he had it working after doing a remote session into my computer (thank you technology!), basically it was a confusion between drivers of the old HTC Sync and the newer HTC Sync Manager. He had to browse to replace a driver but when he was finished the Device Manager showed the right driver with the phone was plugged in:

Android USB Devices

My HTC (before the fix it had some other driver name here)

I have attached a image of the Device Manager after it was successfully fixed (in minutes....)5-14-2013 3-49-40 PM.png

Sorry, that I did not keep track of the menu path, but I think Program Files(x86) and then a folder named HTC \ HTC Driver, once in the folder there I am not sure what file he selected but when it was successful it displayed in this picture.

I surely hope this helps someone else out. I was ready to go get another phone.  

Journeyman

I've had the same problem--can't sync my Outlook 2003 (on a Dell XPS Laptop running Windows 2007 64-bit) with HTC Sync Manager (including with the latest software push 2.0.60.0).  Spent  2 hours on the phone with HTC last week, including uninstalling and reinstalling Sync Manager and the drivers twice.  It is, to say the least, a gross inconvenience to be unable to sync my calendar and my 2,000+ Outlook contacts with my phone. 

It amazes me that HTC can't seem to overcome this issue. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat