cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE Owners: I need your help!

Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE Owners: I need your help!

HELP Need advice!

I got my SIII last Thursday, and activated it last Friday. I have been having connectivity issues with this phone that I never had with my previous phone (HTC EVO 3D). With the SIII I can't send text messages while in my office, although I can receive them. They just show as undelivered, and I have to manually resend them later. With the 3D I could easily send/receive in that same room. The 3D would also continue attempting to send undelivered messages, which the SIII doesn't do. Also, the SIII seems to roam and miss calls a lot more than my 3D did. I love the SIII as a device, but as a phone I'm pretty dissapointed. I went to the Sprint store today, and the rep changed some settings around for me while I was there, updated the profile and PRL, and restarted, but it did not fix the texting issue.

The Sprint rep says I can return it within 2 weeks of shipping (which was last Wednesday), so I have until next Wednesday to decide if I am going to keep it or switch it out for an EVO LTE. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. I have always been a long time HTC fan, I only got the SIII this time because I hate the idea of the EVO's sealed-in battery. But I guess I could deal with it if it functions better as a phone. I am going to post this over in the EVO LTE forum as well, to get feedback from those owners.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE Owners: I need your help!

It appears that the Galaxy III and the EVO LTE are having similiar problems concerning 3G connectivity. Sprint's Network is questionable in many areas and the phones do have hardware and software issues. I have a EVO LTE and I get

maybe 10KBs on 3G in Lansing while up north I'll get 15KBs roaming on Verizon's network. Lansing is scheduled for Data and Voice upgrades in the first half of 2013 which will greatly improve the numbers. A maintenance release is

coming for the EVO LTE to fix some problems. If I was you, I'd take the phone back, upgrade the Evo 3D to ICS [some say July 13th release] and find out when Sprint is upgrading the network infrastructure around you.

The EVO is a great phone, Battery is good, Pics are great, Screen is awesome but then Google Wallet does not work, Signal reception is bad at times, Wifi and 3G fail to switch at times, Time Zone does not set automatically and the most important

thing, Sprint does not communicate very well with it's customers concerning major problems with it's products. Wait a few weeks to see if Sprint responds to some of the EVO concerns of it's customers, before picking up eiher the Galaxy III

or the EVO.

Journeyman

I agree with ROCZ3CQG1.  Just return the GS3 and use the evo 3D for a while longer.  I have the evo lte and used it for a month or so and I was not having a lot of the problems some people were having with both the evo lte's and the GS3's but the 3G was so SLOW that I put the evo lte back in the box and turned my old evo 4G back on and using it for a while.  I am soppose to get LTE turned on here in Kansas city July 15th.  So I'm just going to wait it out and I love the phone and I love HTC sence so I hope it will get better soon.

Journeyman

Unfortunately the EVO 3D has gone to a relative of mine, so thats not an option. My options are only to keep the S3, or switch to the EVO LTE.

Master

If your a fan of the Galaxy phones, then I say stick with it. Although the LTEVO is an awesome phone as is the GIII, it seems to have the same connectivity issues as your experiencing with the GIII.

Currently HTC is working on an MR already to address the LTEVO issues, but were not sure when that will be made available.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I had samsung phone and the same problem accured at my house, so i called in the support and they suggested that i use the Airave, so i did, and then i started getting full signal at my house however still failed to send text messages, i recently bought HTC Evo 4G LTE and 2 SII phones, HTC worked fine with and without the Airave, however the SII had some trouble so i think the trouble is from samsung maybe? i really don't know, however call them and ask for Airave , it might help, but me personally if you asked me which one i would get i would say HTC EVO 4G LT, just because i had trouble with Samsung previously

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd really appreciate it if any of you EVO 4G LTE or Galaxy SIII users would share speedtest results at http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/444999#444999. I'm seeing horrible signal reception and speeds as low as 26kbps (yes, that's a lower case k!) near Kansas City. Thanks!

Journeyman

I don't know if it helps or not,  I'm running my original EVO, I plan to turn my new EVO back on when I know LTE is up and running. so here are my results today I was able to get up a little over 500 kbps but yesterday I only got 36 kbps so today is the fastest I've seen it in a while.looking back in my history I'm luck to get 200 kbps. 

Journeyman

Thanks to all who posted. I ended up switching to the EVO. I can now text from the office, so that problem is solved! This phone still isn't getting as good of reception as I feel it should, but it is better than the S3. The wifi and 3G data speeds also seem better. I will miss the S3's extra storage and RAM, but I do like Sense better than Touchwiz, and I also think the EVO has the nicer (albeit smaller) screen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat