cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE Radio issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE Radio issues

I've got a preordered Evo 4G LTE coming this week. Just read this nugget on Gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/5910015/htc-evo-4g-lte-lightning-review-the-phone-that-would-be-king-but-isnt/

Says that the 4G LTE had tons of radio issues here in NYC, specifically related to 3G data speeds and connectivity. I've had lots of 4G Wimax, 3G and call quality issues crop of within the last few months here in Brooklyn on my Epic 4G and I'm worried about having the same (or worse) problems with the EVO LTE. I'm especially worried as 3G will be the only option besides Wifi on the device as Sprint has yet to announce any LTE rollout schedule for NYC. I'm worried I've upgraded to a handicapped state of the art device. Perhaps I should just bag it and switch networks? FWIW, I've seen loads of AT&T people use their devices in places where my Epic gets 0 bars and no data... makes a girl wonder...

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
GrandMaster

sounds like the same issue that the nexus had on release. it was fixed pretty quick with a update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure what Gizmodo said but they have no credibility.  Sprint's network has been shot across the nation.  Watch this great video by PhoneDog and the guy mentions that everyone's been complaining about Sprint's network, whether it's SF, NYC, NO, etc, etc.  Sprint isn't doing anything about it!

I recently complained that my data was so slow that it was basically unusable on my EVO 3D.  I told them there was nothing wrong with my phone because I've pulled down speeds of over 2mbps in some areas but when i need it most I'm getting 10kbps. But Sprint made me go into a repair center anyway.  After several failed attempts because I got tired of waiting for 5 hours, I finally got my phone looked at.  Well, apparently.  I sat there waiting for 3 hours and finally asked where my phone was in line.  The two [...]guys behind the counter started whispering at each other like they had no idea what was going on then said it failed all the hardware tests and wouldn't let me have my phone back unless I purchased a refurb.  Well 2 refurbs later, my speeds are even worse than my original.

All my friends who have Sprint smartphones are pulling down no more than 100mbps MAX!  We're all averaging about 50kbps all across the South East.

Blame it on the iPhone.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I have to say your credibility is pretty much shot after your strangely quasi-racist post. Does the fact that the sprint reps were black have some meaning? Why is it so important that you felt the need to include it in your story?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Slope,

First let me apologize for any misunderstanding my previous post may have caused.  In do way did I mean that my bad experiences with Sprint have been caused because of black representatives.  I was actually surprised that I had included that much detail in my post.

Normally, I would ask you not to be overly sensitive and make everything a race issue.  I did not state in any way that their being black prevented them from doing their job. To me, it would be kind of like saying the "two high school kids" or the "two blond girls".  That would be a normal situation.  However, I do think I know why I subconsiously stated the race of the two representatives.

I had an extremely uncomfortable experience at this Sprint service center because of MY race.  This particular store was only staffed by black representatives, which of course, I have no problem with.  However, they made my visit extremely unpleasant by insulting my Asian heritage.  I didn't intend for this thread to go in this direction and only bring this up now to explain why I was NOT intending to be quasi-racist.  The two gentleman would only refer to me as Jet Li, used crude and foul language, and told me that "Jeremey Lin doesn't need to be playing basketball." 

I did not complain to Sprint because I knew it would be a waste of time and I'm only telling you this to assure you that I, myself, was not being racist.  If I was the author of this thread, then you'd have perfect reason to think I was quasi-racist: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/421058#421058

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe network vision is the problem here. I have been dropping callls and getting LOS for the last 2 weeks with my Photon. I believe network vision upgrades are affecting service

Highlighted
GrandMaster

what was the store location and by chance do you remember either of their names?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully Sprint can help you out here.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the change over for NV was supposed to be seemless...unfortunatley for the most part this hasnt happened. if youre able to i would try to be patient as long as possible..on the bright side they are working on it in your area...for others it wont be happening for quite a while

Highlighted
Master

I am sorry that you had and unpleasant experience in the store.   Please let us know the location of that store. If we do not know of the problem then we can not do anything to correct it.

Highlighted
Master

I"ve noticed some community members writing racial slurs in this thread.

This is a bannable offense and any additional comments along this nature by those who have had posts rejected will be banned without further warning.

I am watching all posts by these individuals.  Please review the community guidelines for proper posting behavior.

mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Mapesy,

I noticed that you banned several of my posts.  One in which, I was explaining a situation in which I was the victim at a Sprint Store.  Another one was in an unrelated thread where I was responding to somoene who referenced "Hindu."  I'm not sure if you misunderstood my posts or are going through a deleting everything, but I would like an explanation of why you're banning me.  I don't believe that I've done anything wrong and definitely did not want to bring race into a Sprint forum about radio connectivity.  Could you explain why you're watching all my posts and banning them??

Slope, thank you for responding and for understanding.

Fireguy and 14Knight, I'm not too concerned with the incident and only brought it up to explain to Slope that I did not mean to be offensive.  I think this situation has gotten a bit out of control with Mapesy banning my posts.  The store was on Wendover Ave in Greensboro, NC but I do not remember the time nor the names of the reps.  There's nothing they can do besides apologize and I don't really care to see them again. 

Thanks all for your responses.  And Mapesy, I look forward to your explanation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat