Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

71 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

smotrs wrote:

Yes, received the same notification myself this morning. They will catch allot of heat if it turns out to be wrong.

i thought you were holding off for a while before you picked this phone up? lol

Journeyman

Journeyman

This may be right on the 23rd ! http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

Master

Yes, received the same notification myself this morning. They will catch allot of heat if it turns out to be wrong.

Journeyman

Until is see something from HTC about the hearing everything else is speculation.

Journeyman

Did anyone else pre-order through best buy and have recieved this pre-order update to verify that this is real?

Journeyman

PRE-ORDER UPDATE

5/17/2012
Order Number:

Dear ASAD:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 05/23/2012. Your order details are listed below.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

HAVE QUESTIONS?

Call the Best Buy Helpline at 1-888-BEST-BUY. Live 24/7.

Go ahead. Use us.™ Where others just install it, Geek Squad®
does it all.

ORDER DETAILSOrder date: 05/07/2012

BEST BUY  Order number:
QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 SPRINT HTC EVO 4G LTE
SKU: 5087293 
  Confirming store inventory at 23RD AND 6TH  NY    

1 SPRINT HTC EVO 4G LTE
SKU: 5087293 
  Confirming store inventory at 23RD AND 6TH  NY    
Journeyman

On the warehouse question in KY and why probably everything is ready to go check this.http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/  everything is automated meaning labeled just sitting there.

Journeyman

Actually, it's easier to just dispute the charge with your credit company, if that's how you paid.  Then your creditor does all the work.  I don't think many people care much about the $ received from class action suits.  It's really more about making a point with companies that act like they can just do whatever they want.  Even though each of us may only get change, it adds up fast for the defendant.

PChase308 wrote:

RICH4864 wrote:

I believe a class action suite for interest Sprint is making on customers money is justified.

You realize that is $0.04 a week, MAX, right?  It isn't worth my time to even READ about a class action suit for what is likely to amount to less than a quarter.  That doesn't even include what the lawyer would take.  The only winners in class action suits are the lawyers.  VERY few people get paid any significant amount of money.  The vast majority get checks for $0.67 in the mail.

I understand you're upset, but that certainly isn't the answer.  If your really feeling litigious take 'em to small claims court for your $200.07.

Journeyman

More proof...

http://htcpedia.com/news/HTC-One-X-HTC-EVO-4G-LTE-Not-Infringing-On-Patent-Yet-Apple-Blocks-Anyway.h...

On the flip side, I hope that means this will be sorted out very quickly, and we will still have our phones next week.