Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree regarding compensation. I called today to get a status and was told that not only is there no schedule, but I can't even cancel the preorder! Sprint has my $200 with no promise of a product at a reasonable date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm used to the firearm marketplace so last minute delays and LONG government induced waits have taught me great patience.  While I am FURIOUS at Apple (what happened to CREATIVE destruction?) I know I'll get it eventually.  I'm still waiting on my suppressor to clear the form 3 to get to my dealer, then I'll have a 8-9 month wait for the form 4.  I'm more upset at the damage this will do to Sprint, rather than keeping me from getting my new toy for a week or two.

Highlighted
Wizard

I've locked the posts where I've provided a link to the official communication.  Nothing sinister behind it...just easier to keep one thread updated than multiple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh ok I was wondering what happened to my post...lol...well thanks for the update keep the info rolling!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info. Can you update us on weither there are acutally handsets in the warehouse for the preorder sales as the site and followup messages suggest?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the update, however that is still a poor job of disseminating information. 

• Pre-order status/availability

Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units. <--------- All this is is semantics.  The problem is not receiving it before everyone else as initially promised, but receiving it by the date promised or anywhere near that date.  Customs didn't just pop up LAST NITE and say we're holding your shipment.  I personally, am NOT a fan of preorders, especially those without any official date of product delivery, but i went out on a limb trusting sprint that they would deliver.  Now SPRINT has their revenue and the customer has no product...Sprint's fault or not, the situation and the way its been handled is unacceptable.

With that said, I move to the statement below, copied from the EVO 4G LTE page:

Pre-order sold out! Our EVO 4G LTE pre-order inventory has been spoken for. Check back soon for the national launch.

Does  the pre-order inventory imply STOCK ON HAND or anticipated stock, which Sprint wouldn't be smart in speaking on at this moment? If it is indeed STOCK ON HAND, will these devices be shipped to those who have pre-ordered, satisfying those customers who have ordered up until the pre-order was closed? If not, will customers be notified of their status as STOCK AVAILABLE or BACKORDERED or UNAVAILABLE?

Your response would be appreciated.

Damage control team should be in FULL EFFECT at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Damage control should have been up all night just like many of us that were in these forums discussing all night.

Highlighted
Wizard

Checking on this now...stay tuned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed; just be honest Sprint and let us know what's going on.

Highlighted
Wizard

The word yesterday evening was that we wouldn't have a communication until this morning...or I definitely would have stayed online watching for one all night:)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I appreicate your help, dshoem01 and the other Sprint employees that post on the forums. However, it's pretty inexcusable that those of us that pre-ordered and gave Sprint $200 to bank interest on (not to mention simply sticking with Sprint when it's clear that every other network has a better phone selection) have received NO communication whatsoever via official email channels. No updates to tell us that preorders have been delayed. No apologies. No compensation for the delay. It's ridiculous, especially coming from a company that has been trying so hard to turn around it's legendarily abyssymal customer service reputation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FWIW, I've been a Sprint customer since 1997. I've never been on another network. But, man, your terrible selection of phones and now this are pushing me awfully close to jumping ship.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat