cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

Yep some got through before the custom stop order,they are now on backorder too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guy/Gals:

I used to be in International Shipping/Moving for years for everything from household goods to weapons. If there is a hold and I'm NOT saying here isn't, Sprint has known about this for a VERY long time. These issues don't just pop up.

My question is, why in the world would Sprint sell or pre-sell a phone and take MONEY for a phone that hasn't been approved, cleared customs or isn't sitting in some warehouse ready for a launch? I too have been with Sprint for a while and this point is most disconcerting!?

Journeyman

PowerUser9 wrote:

Guy/Gals:

I used to be in International Shipping/Moving for years for everything from household goods to weapons. If there is a hold and I'm NOT saying here isn't, Sprint has known about this for a VERY long time. These issues don't just pop up.

My question is, why in the world would Sprint sell or pre-sell a phone and take MONEY for a phone that hasn't been approved, cleared customs or isn't sitting in some warehouse ready for a launch? I too have been with Sprint for a while and this point is most disconcerting!?

That says it all ...

Journeyman

PowerUser9 wrote:

Guy/Gals:

Thats why I was asking if ATT took pre-orders and money from their customers for the One X?  Why in the world would ATT do the same?  And BestBuy, Radioshack, etc?

Journeyman

I believe that there are a limited amount of phones that made it into the states. That is why Sprint went ahead and sold them. S4GRU has reported that certain best buy stores do have limited stock. The store I oredered from, and I was the first in that store to order, confirmed on the website they are in stock and I called. They did confirm the 2 phones I ordered would be available for pick up Friday May 18. I dont know what will happen come Friday, but it leads me to believe some will get their phones sooner than later. I also believe this is why Sprint will not give any refunds because some phones may have already been shipped.

Journeyman

Because they where told by HTC that they had a workaround to get the phones through customs on time. Sounds like this has never happened before to this extent.

Journeyman

Yes the phones are in the US they are not being moved.Good luck with getting that phone on Friday I hope you do but most 3rd party sites have them as Backordered.

Journeyman

At this point I no longer care about who did what, I am only frustrated by the fact that Sprint is not communicating the facts to us.  Sprint could at the very least send out an email or make an announcement as to the status of these orders or the release date.  I don't need to hear a exact date but at least something to help clarify the situation.  At this point everything I have heard seems to be rumors from the launch will be delayed to pre-orders were already in the country so they won't be affected(which I don't believe for a second).

Journeyman

Sprint may not have had control over whether the phones were held at customs or not but they did have control over informing the prospective buyers about the status of the order, in this they failed to be honest and accepted fully paid preorders knowing there was a reasonable chance they would not be able to fulfill the orders on the designated release date.  I waited to preorder until I found out when the release date was set for because I needed a decent small camera for a project I was working on and hoped to use my phone upgrade to get a new phone and get a decent camera at the same time, the release date did very much matter to me and is an real inconvenience but what really causes the frustration and annoyance is that Sprit effectively lied to us.  I do think a nice "good faith" gesture to appologize for their dishonesty is to waive the activiation fee for customers who preordered the phone.  Waiving the fee would likely be a small price for Sprint to pay but it is soemthing that would probably go a long way with customers.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.  I appreciate the work the customer service representatives are doing to speak to the community but I felt it important to openly state that it seems this was a case of dishonest, or at the very least questionably, business practices on the part of executives that does not reflect well on their integrity.  They may even have had good intentions to keep this under wrap and release everything on time but they should have been upfront.

GrandMaster

Joneslick wrote:

At this point I no longer care about who did what, I am only frustrated by the fact that Sprint is not communicating the facts to us.  Sprint could at the very least send out an email or make an announcement as to the status of these orders or the release date.  I don't need to hear a exact date but at least something to help clarify the situation.  At this point everything I have heard seems to be rumors from the launch will be delayed to pre-orders were already in the country so they won't be affected(which I don't believe for a second).

do you really think they have any idea of a final release date or even a rough guess on it? its stuck in a legal limbo...so far the only thing i can see them doing was done this morning and stickied at the top of this forum. a mass email to those that are signed up for the pre-orders would be the next step for those that dont browse this site..but even that would take getting the go ahead and what exactly should be worded in that email...which would also take time

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

dshoem01 Sprint Admin  

Currently Being Moderated

31. May 16, 2012 11:58 AM (in response to casperw84)

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY  

Agree, those that frequent the internet already have the information. The emails will reach those who don't check the forums/blogs. 

already posted

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I'm a 'no surprises' kind of person so I understand what you're saying.  Although, I'm sure there were a lot of business partnerships/contracts/legal ramifications, etc. involved here that make for a longer timeframe in communicating to customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat