EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

71 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE deliveries delayed by US Customs - summary and links

Wizard

you cats think there are NO PHONES in the US at all??? seriously? you think 3 days before launch HTC sends thr handsets acorss the water to USA? 3 days before launch?

there are already shipments here in the states. HTC have an idea when customs will clear, they just cant go on record.

there are already handsets at stores and also at sprints KY hub. this article is more than likely referring to FUTURE orders.

Journeyman

Yeah that sucks big time.  Oh well, at least I know I have a new phone coming at some point. 

Journeyman

I just went through multiple channels and also have received an email from Amazon on this issue. I have been told that preorders of the Sprint EVO LTE will not be delayed. (just thought that some as concerned as I was may be wondering). However this was Amazon...there could be delays for the many other outlets including Sprint Stores. But if anybody preordered from Amazon this should give you some peace of mind. I have no problem sharing a copy of the email from Amazon. This was not an automated email...this was a reply to my inquiry on this issue. I was also verbally given an answer on this over the phone after going through multiple levels of supervisors etc...

Wizard

This is correct that there are units in the States right now BUT depending on how the injunction is set up this could also stop the sale and distribution of these units already here including the deposit paid pre-orders. It's happened before here and in Europe.

Steadicam wrote:

you cats think there are NO PHONES in the US at all??? seriously? you think 3 days before launch HTC sends thr handsets acorss the water to USA? 3 days before launch?

there are already shipments here in the states. HTC have an idea when customs will clear, they just cant go on record.

there are already handsets at stores and also at sprints KY hub. this article is more than likely referring to FUTURE orders.

Journeyman

The injunction is set up so that all stateside products can be distributed. Look at ATT and The One. All units currently in stock in the US can be sold.

Journeyman

I have two compaints:

When my order status yesterday said back ordered, and I had placed my Pre order within the first 5 minutes on May 7th I was upset.  Then after online chat with Sprint twice, neither one said anything about the delay becasue of customs. When they said my order was a completely different number, than my confirmation showed I was upset again. It took a second chat and person to explain each order gnerates two seperate order numbers. That sounds like a great system. But both kept saying it would be shipped right away.

Now I read the issue with the Evil Apple and customs. Once again I say, how much money was collected by Sprint for pre orders, knowing they would likley be held up, but look at all the intrest they make off that money while we wait. I think the intrest should be deducted from our Sprint bills.

Yes I currently have a Sprint phone, a Hero, bought when it first came out and it has work great till the last couple of months. That is one reason I wanted the HTC. But my current phone now needs to be rebooted several times each day, just to have a working phone. So no I am not happy about waiting an unknown amount of time for the new one, while they make intrest on the money.

Wizard

Please see the information I posted in this thread.

This information was not provided to the Sprint Care, Retail, or other communication channels until late last night....we apologize for any inconvenience.

Journeyman

I'd say that's a serious possibility. iPads, for example have been shipping directly from China to consumers.

Steadicam wrote: