Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

if this can be fully confirmed it would be awesome news. i dont have this phone but others would benefit from this.

side note and a complete 180 from what we are talking about..but it took the spell check in here 3 attempts to say i had spelled benefit right the first time around lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone have an answer on this? Sprint seems to not allow me to ask a follow up question to a post (probably because they don't have an answer to the issue at hand!)....

I just got a new Blue Tooth headset (Plantronics M50), but it was not found when searching for new Blue Tooth devices..... Before I try a factory reset and erase everything, I'd like to see if there is another fix!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I just started having this issue over the last week.  BT can't see or be seen.

How do you see your HW version?  Who should I talk with with sprint?

UPDATE:

I talked with sprint tech support and they said an update was released october 2nd to supposedly address this:

It can be installed via HTC software update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no one to talk to at Sprint... they say to go into a store (that just infuriates me on its own).

When you go into your Settings, the last option (or at least the last option on my phone) is ABOUT. If you click on there, it states your HW and SW versions.

I chatted with someone from HTC on their support system, and their only recommendation is to do a factory reset... which I will do after I back up all of my information very thoroughly.

I think it has to do with some upgrade that broke the Bluetooth protocols, but I am not sure.

Journeyman

Ok.

I have HW 003.  I just did the latest update from HTC, and bluetooth is still not working.

Highlighted
Master

fjhaisldhfuashdfcasincilasndiufha,

Thanks for posting.We are here to assist in any way we can. Before you do the hard reset do you hve any other devices that use bluetooth? Like ur PC, or a bluetooth?

Thank you,

*Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK.

I went to a sprint tech store and they said several other people have come in with this issue.

They also said that there's a new HTC download out that's to address it, but HTC doesn't know anything about it, from my conversation with them.

Padia, this is a known issue, apparently.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Interesting... I'm already on 3.17.651.4.

Paida.... No, I don't have any other Bluetooth device. I performed a Hard Reset today, but I feel that the system automatically updated my phone to the latest version.  So pissed... it is Illegal to drive unless on a Bluetooth phone, except my phone, even though it says Bluetooth compatible, will not connect to any Bluetooth device.

Can someone at Sprint help me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO LTE 4G won't find Bluetooth devices after system update

Same thing?  I spoke to the tech again at Sprint store.  The version information was incorrect. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It looks from this thread this has been going on since October.

Is there going to be a fix anytime soon?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently HTC has no idea about it, according to my chats with them yesterday, and sprint doesn't know how to fix it.

I do not think I should have to pay to replace a phone that was defective, and not broken by fault of my own.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat