cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

I have tried everything you can possibly think of but my EVO 4G LTE won't discover any bluetooth devices. My wife has the same phone that we bought at the same time and her phone works fine. What gives?!? I don't want to take it to the Sprint store because all I'm hearing is that I'll have to pay $50 for a new(most likely Refurbished) device which I shouldn't have to pay for seeing as how the phone is about 6 months old. Some light on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted

Re: EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

JSEJD

Sorry for the troubles you are having with your device. When did this start? And the charge in store for service and repair is if  you have no insurance. You can have it checked by the manufacturer If its been under a year. Have you power cycled the device? Updated the profile? Worst case scenario a hard reset ( reset to factory default) on the device before sending to the manufacturer.  We are here to help. Let me know if any of these work.

Thanks,

*Erica

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have experienced the same issue and have done soft reset, power cycle, and a hard reset.... Nothing has worked. It won't discover my car stereo, wireless speaker, headset... Nothing! I would hope this is a no charge trip to the store as the issue has nothing to do with user destruction, neglect or accident.

Highlighted
Wizard

bankru1

Thanks for the info. Was there a specific point at which this issue started, or has it been going on as long as you have had the device? Also, would you mind providing me your software and phone info so I may research further? This info is found in the Settings>About phone screen - Please include the build number.

Have you had any success with pairing any kind of bluetooth device?

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chris.  I would say that I noticed it wasn't connecting to my car stereo early this year, but I didn't always have the bluetooth antenna on, it became quite clear last week that it wouldn't find anything visible to pair with at all. 

Hardware Version:  0003

Software: 3.16.6543. 71ORD

Let me know if you need anything more specific.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm wondering if it wasn't related to a recent firmware update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey everyone,

I don't know about you guys but I have had nothing but issue after issue since I got the phone when it came out. Every once in a while my laptop will pick up the bluetooth on my phone but it does not connect properly. My WiFi is no longer working properly either and on top of that now my phone is constantly overheating.

I'm pretty much done with sprint, possibly HTC as well, and I'm a new customer. I'm extremely disappointed about the 4g LTE network...it's almost worth the cancellation fees.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I'm all ears!

Thx, Brian

Highlighted
Journeyman

bankru1,

I'm thinking the same thing. I wish we knew when we'll be receiving the next update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The exact same thing is happening to me. I'm not sure for how long because I don't normally use Bluetooth. I don't use a BT earpiece and my car stereo doesn't have it; however, I've been shopping for bluetooth-enabled boomboxes (with A2DP) and earlier it synced with one of them, and then just stopped syncing. I thought it was the audio device, so I took it back and bought another one. Same problem. It's gotta be the phone. I turn on the bluetooth and I make the phone visible to other devices, I changed the timeout setting to five minutes (instead of two)... no difference at all. "No nearby Bluetooth devices were found."

I've soft reset several times in a row, and you know what the kicker is? I JUST HARD RESET THE PHONE FOR ANOTHER UNRELATED REASON.

Hardware version: 0003

Software version:
3.16.651.3 710RD

I love these HTC phones, but it seems like once they get about 15 months old, they just start getting old and senile and stop working correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exact same problem here.  Blissfully happy w/ my phone until one day I can no longer stream audio on my bike rides, starting about two months ago.

These same bluetooth devices will pair with old Ice Cream Sandwich phones, so I know the devices are not the problem.

The problem lies in the BT stack on the phone.

Reboot, on/off, re-pair... none of that works.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

did you forget the connection and then re search it out? and when you say streaming audio are you doing this with music that is already on the phone or something that uses data to stream? the issue might not be with the BT link itself but the data speeds.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

As I mentioned, I tried to un-pair and re-pair to no avail.  The BT radio simply doesn't see any devices anymore.  Not related to cellular data throughput.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat