cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

I agree... so infuriating. After trying a factory reset, and still not having any luck, I'm not so sure what other options there are.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just talked to sprint chat, and they will not give me a $75 credit to offset having to replace the phone at a local store.  They said it's an HTC issue, insurance issue, etc.

So they sell a defective product and expect you to pay for it to work right.  That's super.

Highlighted
Master

fjhaisldhfuashdfcasincilasndiufha,

Thank you for posting regarding the blue tooth issues that you're experiencing with your HTC Evo 4G/LTE.  I have searched around for some feedback on the issue and two articles that may be of assistance were found: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_Bluetooth_and_your_HTC_EVO_4G_LTE/WTroubleshootingGuide_542_GKB48593.

The advice that I have been given on this subject is that if the article does little to help with Bluetooth connectivity then the next step would be to speak with an HTC product support representative: 

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/chat/.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Master

DaCapitan,

Thank you for posting and providing us some feedback in regards to your HTC issue. If you have any more questions or require assistance please feel free to post and let us know.

Lucia

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke to HTC several times and they said they are unaware of the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lucia,

I'm sorry, but what does your post mean?  Sprint has not offered a fix or a solution, and has not offered to replace the phones that have this issue.  Why would you ask us to give any mor feedback if this issue still has not been addressed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I waited in line to purchase this phone when it first became available in the US.  The bluetooth worked great for the first few months and then stopped.  I was able to get it working by constantly restarting the phone, but eventually that stopped working as well.  Since then I've tried everything suggested on all forums and have had 0 luck.  The thing that gets to me most is all of the bluetooth accessories I purchased to work with this phone.  So frustrating!!!

Highlighted
Master

DarrenS75,

Have you tried resetting the device? Ensure that all your information is backed up. I would also take the device to a sprint repair location.

Thank you,

*Paida

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just updated to Android 4.3 on my HTC EVO 4G LTE and Bluetooth functionality is back! You can download the install package from this page Android 4.3 for the HTC EVO 4G LTE now available for manual installation [DOWNLOAD]. I highly recommend you backup your phone first because this wipes your phone. If using HTC Sync Manager, make sure you UNCHECK the  auto-backup option. I didn't and the phone did a new backup as soon as I plugged it in my laptop to do the restore. The new backup overwrote the original, so I lost all my data.

Highlighted
Master

DaCaptain,

Thanks for your replies.  I see that you had this issue with your device and blue tooth connectivity and wanted to jump in to see if I could assist.  What blue tooth device are you pairing with?  Have you removed the pairing and re-paired your HTC Evo 4G/LTE with the Bluetooth device since the system update on your phone?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I reset the device more than once and no luck.  I also recently upgraded to Android 4.3 and bluetooth still doesn't work.  I haven't tried a Sprint store yet, since I assume it will cost me money.

Highlighted
Master

DarrenS75

Just to verify, do you have insurance on the device? If so, you should not get charged for a technician to work on it. Please let us know.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat