cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G LTE won't find Bluetooth Devices!!

I cancelled the insurance a long time ago.  Anyway, I was taking a picture in the rain and the phone got a little too wet.  It started to reboot on it's own over and over again.  I couldn't turn it off and can't remove the battery, so it just kept going until it died.  Good thing I'm due for an upgrade.

Highlighted
Master

DarrenS75,

Thanks for updating us with this information. It's unfortunate that this happened to your device. Are you going to upgrade to a new device? What do you look for in a device? Let me know, I'm here to help.

Thank you,

Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the same story, why would you spend $75 to get the same phone that doesn't work?

Highlighted
Master

Hello robotbass,

I'm glad to hear that you have an upcoming upgrade. Are you aware you can complete upgrades by going onto our website? You can visit Sprint.com to upgrade choosing from any phone. Once you upgrade then you can add the insurance on your line if you want for any other emergencies that may come up.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I found a solution to the Bluetooth problem.

Select my device

Select update profile

Turn OFF your bluetooth

The profile updater should warn you to turn OFF the Bluetooth BEFORE updating the profile

After profile has been updated

Turn on Bluetooth and select "NOT visible to other devices"

Select search for other devices in the Bluetooth menu option

It may take a short time, but ALL of my blutooth functionality returned to normal.

I hope this helps others having this same problem.

Sprint Customer care is useless! Do not pay $75 to get refurbished phone! The hard reset and soft reset options to get your phone to work will NOT work. Good luck to everyone. Love my EVO 4G LTE - Hate Sprint!

Highlighted
Master

rayfordebrown Thank for posting and thank you for the trouble shooting tip. -Ramiro
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How to Enable on the EVO 4g LTE? Boot or Reboot your phone. When the “HTC quietly brilliant” splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response. Then you can release the volume button. Now when your phone is booted, you will see the words “safe mode” in the bottom left corner of your screen. I did try to boot into safemode, which did nothing. I have also tried to hard reset my phone, reboot my phone, make my phone a nice dinner, play some barry white to my phone, try to give it a glass of wine, none of which worked.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat