cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4GLTE update...did it solve your issues?

Journeyman

EVO 4GLTE update...did it solve your issues?

My wife is due for un upgrade in Sept 2012.  We are deciding between the evo, iphone 4s, and galaxy nexus.  We were leaning towards the evo, but have been reading all the horror stories on the evo.  We live in the Austin Tx area, so 4G LTE should arrive soon.  My question is, did the new update solve alot of your issues with the phone?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4GLTE update...did it solve your issues?

Only main issue I still had was poor tasking/switching behavior, and the update seems to have fixed this.

Other issues I had - dropping wifi and way low cell signal strength - were resolved through phone replacements before any updates were released, so I can't say if/how the software updates affect them.

I do really like the EVO LTE, and would choose it over an iPhone or GNex. Recommend you and she visit a store and handle all three devices, if you haven't already. Good hunting!

Journeyman

* Bluetooth would not stay paired with my 2012 Chevy Cruze, nor could the car interact with the phone's contacts (during the 20 seconds it would be paired) like my previous Epic 4G -- FIXED

* WiFi dropping in and out -- FIXED

* Stock email app could not set up a Hotmail account -- FIXED

* YouTube could not open in stock YouTube app, but would open in a browser -- FIXED (though still opens the browser then redirects and opens the app...oh well)

These were my main gripes, and now because of the new update I am a happy EVO 4G LTE owner.  I would emphatically not choose the iPhone over this one, but it just depends on what you're looking for.  After watching video reviews from phonedog and reading the review on phonearena, this one was by far the sure choice for me!

GrandMaster

HF17002 wrote:

My wife is due for un upgrade in Sept 2012.  We are deciding between the evo, iphone 4s, and galaxy nexus.  We were leaning towards the evo, but have been reading all the horror stories on the evo.  We live in the Austin Tx area, so 4G LTE should arrive soon.  My question is, did the new update solve alot of your issues with the phone?  Thanks!

seeing as how LTE is activley going in your area if possibly i would avoid any phones that cant utilize the 4G LTE...the iphone 4S for sure cant use it..and unless the nexus youre talking about is one that was recently released and i somehow missed it..i dont think that one is LTE capable either.

your options would probably push more towards the EVO LTE, SAMSUNG SIII, LG VIPER, MOTOROLA PHOTON Q and i think one other phone

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

David_Cage wrote:

* YouTube could not open in stock YouTube app, but would open in a browser -- FIXED (though still opens the browser then redirects and opens the app...oh well)

Interestingly, doesn't work for me. All YouTube videos still view in browser rather then launching YouTube app as the App Associations list dictates. Links sent by email open the YouTube app, but links in browser play in browser regardless of mobile or desktop setting.

Gonna have to check more on this one on my end as it should open app.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Actually smotrs, that is expected behavior.  If you're in a browser and click a YouTube link, it should rightfully open the YouTube website.  I was referring to YouTube links provided in something like Facebook (and emails as you've noticed).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat