cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE Car Charger

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4g LTE Car Charger

I'm looking for a car charger that can keep up with the phone when I am using the navigation. It seems like all of the car chargers that I have tried so far have not be able to charge the phone while i'm using the Navigation. There is a slow loss of power when I am plugged in a using navigation.

Has anyone had any luck in finding a Charger that will charge the phone while using navigation.

Any help would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Hello.  Car chargers are not designed to charge as quickly as an AC charger.  It's not really the charger that's the problem here, it's the fact that your car does not produce the same voltage/amps as a standard home wall outlet.  I have seen DC adapters for cars but cannot verify that this will solve your problem.  Have you considered something like the Tylt Powerplant as an alternative?  It's a 5200mAh battery which should provide about 3 times the usage of your current battery. 

Tom

Highlighted
Wizard

You need to purchase a charge only cable. Sync cables short out certain pins on the cable connector to let the device know if it's AC or USB power.

Charge only cables let the device know to charge at higher rates.

I have such a cable. Purchased at amazon. I've used it over a year. Battery monitor app reports AC current. I also have a high current usb cig lighter also purchased from Amazon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem. I got one of these power inverters from Amazon, and it works great. I use the standard wall charger and cable, plug it in to the inverter's 110 outlet, connect the phone - all set. Charge level does increase (though slowly) while using Navigation, no abnormal heat.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Master

Might help if you provide a link so he knows exactly what type of cable. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think all of this is very helpful. I think im going to try to power inverter route.

Highlighted
Wizard

Here are the items I currently use. I purchased these last year to use with previous HTC models and Battery Monitor shows and confirms AC charging:

Cable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032UXYNU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

USB port: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LGT4WU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

sadly the charge cable i purchased is no longer being sold. here is another cable currently on amazon and  it has a screen grab from and HTC handset showing AC mode:

http://www.amazon.com/Naztech-Micro-USB-Charging-Cable/dp/B003VYBCAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&q...

you want to search for "charge only cable" as this will give the most power output over standard sync AND charge cables.

No need for an inverter. this setup has a very small footprint in the car.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat