cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Wizard

Re: EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Glad you were able to find something outside of Sprint that works for you. I'll be off these forums in a week or two after I finish venting

Journeyman

riley_tommy, glad to hear I'm not alone....

I tell myself I'm trying to help others by sharing my experience...mmmhmmm just checkin' in.. ;-)

It's also nice to confirm that when faced with a problem that they/Sprint don't have an answer to...they will just simply ignore their customers.  No matter how much noise they make.

Missed 5 calls today on my Verizon phone, had rolling notification of messages as they were left on the 'basic' voicemail system. And now that I have 'unlimited minutes' it doesn't matter how many times I dial in. 

WI-Heather

13 year Sprint Customer, now with Verizon.

Wizard

"mmmmhmmmm just checkin' in ;-)"

too funny. Yes I can't seem to stop checking in once or twice a day. I'll probably be banned before too long since I keep interjecting in threads and telling folks to ditch sprint and how they just don't care.

Journeyman

heeheee!  Really good to know I'm not the only one.  The Facebook page is fun too. 

had a BIG test for the Verizon Basic Voicemail System yesterday.  One that caused Sprint's Enhanced Voicemail to crash.

A call came in 'while I was on another call'.  The call went to voicemail, and the MWI indicator was blinking when I got off the first call!  And THEN!  you won't believe this...

I dialed into the Basic Voicemail system....played and deleted the message....and guess what.

The MWI turned off and cleared out of the status bar!!!!

Can you believe it!?!  Just one step to process messages. Simply amazing.

WI-Heather

13 years with Sprint, now happy with Verizon.

Wizard

gotta love it when a basic part of your cell phone plan works as expected, eh?

I'm just a little surprised Verizon charges for VVM. ATT it comes standard along with text transcription. At least I think it does - I didn't have to sign up to have it turned on or anything.

Journeyman

Robin - I went to a Sprint service center.  They reset the phone to fix the VM problem.  Within a couple of weeks, the problem occurred again.  I called cust svc.  They had me update PRL, etc.  VM worked a for a while longer, then it stopped working again.  VM is a continuing issue.  It's obvious Sprint does not have a permanent fix.  What do you suggest?  What is Sprint willing to do to compensate its customers for failure to provide a key, basic service??

Master

dbruceb,

Thank you for reaching out! I definitely want to look into this for you! Please PM us at 'sprintcare' with phone number, account PIN/password and link to the community forum thread. Looking forward from hearing from you!

Thanks, Justin Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is a known issue to sprint and no known resolution, it has been going on for over a year.

Journeyman

This problem went on for more than a year for me.

The issue is that Sprint has disabled the 'basic voicemail' MWI in favor of forcing everyone to use the Visual Voicemail App.

The only answer I found was to dial into the system after every missed call.  This will use up your 'Anytime Usage' if you're not on an unlimited talk plan.

I found a provider that offers functional 'basic voicemail'. 

Sprint doesn't care. 

WI-Heather

No longer a Sprint customer after 13 years. 

Journeyman

It isn't the phone. It's the Sprint network.

Master

​PsiHigh Hi! How may I assist you? Mirleine Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

you can assist by "fixing the network"

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat