cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Journeyman

Re: EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Mirleine, I sent a PM to Sprintcare with the information to do a refresh of my voicemail to see if that will help. No one has called me back yet or emailed me. I am not comfortable posting my PIN or password. I am also interested in why LTE has not been turned on in Columbia, SC yet the upgrade is ongoing and is disrupting regular service. In February I began to receive LTE at my home in 29204. Several weeks ago I stopped received LTE at home. Same is true with other locations around 29201, 29204, 29205 and 29206. I understand the need to upgrade hardware but it has been 10 months now and while some LTE service is available in my area it is sporadic and unreliable. Where it is available it is very slow. I have a Verizon issued iPhone at work which I tested against my HTC EVO LTE in 3 different locations where both had LTE. (3rd floor of a building in 29201) The Verizon LTE network consistently beat the Sprint LTE network by a large margin. Call quality and reliability is also much better. I see no advantage staying with Sprint.

Journeyman

I've been working to raise awareness about the non-functioning voicemail system that Sprint includes in their plans.

The 'enhanced voicemail' app - Visual Voicemail - is unstable on many phones, on each of the operating systems.

Sprint does not care.

Sprint has *turned off* the 'basic voicemail* MWI leaving customers to miss important messages when the 'enhanced voicemail' fails.

I've been following several threads on Sprint's 'Community Forums'. I've outlined all the steps I've taken, and asked 'SprintCare Techs' to please answer questions before sending customers on endless rounds of troubleshooting.

Sprint has now reached a *new low*.

They have been going back and deleting my posts on the Community Forums. No notification of rejected content, the posts are simply gone. (The posts had previously passed content filters and been posted for a couple of weeks.)

hmmm...maybe I have finally stuck a nerve somewhere.

Sprint, I, and many others, have a real problem with your voicemail Message Waiting Indicator issues.
In over a year, Sprint could not correct it.
When asked point blank what they know about the situation, SprintCare techs leave the thread/conversation.
When I finally spoke with corporate head, he told me, it was my unique phone's problem, not Sprint's fault and gladly/quickly let me out of my contract.

Until that point, I was 'valued customer' for 13 years.

Happy to report, it's been a few weeks with my new provider and my new phone, and their 'basic' (free) voicemail has a MWI that works flawlessly.

Journeyman

I have been struggling with this as well. They tell me to PM them, but don't respond. I have gone in circles with everyone from the 800 number to this forum to Dan Hesse's email address to someone in "corporate" I just want the service that I am paying for. Each time that my wife misses a call and it goes to voicemail and it is not replied to by her in a timely fashion, she potentially loses a job (self employed) that equals $$$$. I don't know how this is acceptable.

Master

ricktarasharontara - Thank you for posting, Please remove the post with your personal information. When did you send the PM? It normally takes up to 24hrs for a response. How long ago did they order the phone for you. A phone on back order normally takes 5 to 7 business days to receive it. With the order number you can track it on sprint.com/phonereplacementtracking. We don't want you to leave, we value your business with us and will do our best to get a resolution that we all can agree on.

Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

And the solution from Sprint for both myself and WI-Heather was it would be better for us to leave sprint (after 29 years of loyalty to sprint combined between the two of us) and go to another provider that actually provided basic services like receiving voicemail notifications. Great job sprint!

Journeyman

good for you guys. at least you got resolution to your issue. I am stuck here with 14 months to go with a phone that doesn't provide what we paid for and no way out or into a different phone that actually works. Isn't there a lemon law like with cars?

Journeyman

ricktarasharontara,

Contact Customer service, after you've done their reset/reboot dance - you've done your due diligence. 

When you follow up - tell them you need this situation 'escalated' to the next level.  Tell them you've done the required troubleshooting, (have them confirm it) and then say you want out of your contract.

Let us know how that works for you!

WI-Heather

Journeyman

riley-tommy,

SprintCare no longer will respond to us.  We're being 'actively ignored'.

I really do honestly believe that this is a 'conspiracy'.  They don't want us to have the 'basic' voicemail.   They have turned of the functional MWI on their 'basic system'.  

If the can force all of their customers to use the 'premium' Visual Voicemail there must be some sort contract with the App developers, and/or for the Ad Revenue the app can/will supports.

For me this is an ethical problem-on a couple of different levels.  What is collusion, or anti-trust?   

Does Visual Voicemail provide a kickback to Sprint for every customer that is using their app?  Wonder where I can find the answer to that question?

WI-Heather

Wizard

Yeah, I think they are just waiting for us to get bored of this and "move on"

That's a good point about the possible kickbacks for using the VVM - obviously they make money when folks opt to pay for the $2.99 voice transcription service, not sure where the ad money is going - and to turn off the ad's it's buried in the settings.

Funny part is, is I actually really enjoyed VVM - when it worked. It seemed to work pretty darned well (for me) up until say fall-winter of last year, then it just was the pitts.

As for MWI being completely off - I find that hard to believe since there are many users who still have yet to move onto smart phones, and these "basic" phones do not have VVM capabilities. I think this is another, of many, false claims by the sprint reps who talk to the end users. It's strange that their would be so much misdirection on just about everything going on with sprints network.

Hmm, maybe this is collusion by Softbank to run Sprint in the ground in order to get a huge tax break, or replace it (say, joining Sprint and T-Mobile, and disbanding the Sprint name in favor of the up and coming T-Mobile).

random thoughts...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi!

The MWI being off - is really the only thing that makes 'sense' to me.  Only because on my new provider - it's an actual option in the menu-tree when I did the set up.  Salesman was honest and said if set up a premium App to handle voicemail, might have toggle that on and off. That tells me there's a option for it somewhere in the system. 

But I had not considered the other non-smart phones.  Is it possible that non-smart phones run on a different spectrum?  What is CDMA, 3G, 4G...etc?? Does a non-smart phone need / use 4G/LTE?   Would those all be able to have different settings for how voicemail is handled? 

Yeah - I think there's a kickback and a possible case for consumer fraud.  First, they're advertising something that clearly does not work reliably or consistently for all.  If it can't be vetted and proven solid, then it shouldn't be forced on everyone. If you complain to Sprint, they blame it on VVM fault.  Go to VVM for support they refer you to the service provider.  Neither is willing to take responsibility.  What is a consumer supposed to do?

The other part of it, VVM is Ad-Supported.  Of course you can turn it off, and just have the 'basic VVM'.  (and maybe that's the problem with mine, maybe it just constantly crashes when it doesn't get to do it's Advertising? See...I got lots of conspiracies!)

But realistically, my guess is they're betting that most people don't care about the targeted ads running on the bottom of the screen..  So they get a contract to put VVM on all of our phones at a rate discounted because VVM is going to have a targeted audience.

I wonder how long until this post is deleted.

WI-Heather

Still happy with the Basic Voicemail from a different provider.

former 13 year Sprint Customer. (with 3 friend referrals over the years)

Journeyman

WI-Heather. I don't think it has anything to do with MWI. The reason is that if it were something systemic like this no one would get voicemail notifications on any phone. My HTC EVO LTE occasionally gets VM notifications. About 1 out 5. Instead, this has to do with technical problems as part of the network upgrade. I'm not defending Sprint but just pointed out that it is more likely that the newer technology they are implementing with tower upgrades is just incompatible with some older phones. I've yet to see any complaints from people using the HTC One, SG4 or SG5 or MotoX. I have seen some complaints from people with the Nexus 5, but if you read those messages Sprint and Google are actively working to solve the problem with upgrades. My guess is that either they cannot or will not "fix it" on older phones.

Journeyman

Has anyone ever gotten VVM to work ever or figured out some other way to get a voice mail notification icon. I for the third time in weeks, almost missed a call from my boss after hours, as well as his voice mail because of no notification. This is my 3rd EVO and it is under all types of data connections, 3GT, 4G, as well as WI-fi that is does not work.

I don't care about an app downloading messages for me to listen to it only takes moments to call in and get the messages, but I need to know they are there. Tonight I loaded the app to see what it was doing and now for the past 60 minutes it has been trying to verify my account, and in that time I drove 12 miles home from work and was under all possible data connections.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat