cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Journeyman

EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

For 3 weeks now I have had no voicemail notifications.  Just decided to manually call in after about 5 calls today without voicemails.  Had 8 VM's waiting.  Anyone else having issues?

185 REPLIES

Re: EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

EVOhasISSUES,

Hello! Sorry to hear about the issues! Can you confirm if you're using the Visual Voicemail app on the device? If so, launch the app, go to settings, and select notification.

Let me know what your device says.

Regards,

William

Master

The only notification options within the app itself are Sound and Vibrate options. I think what the OP is looking for is the bubble notification on the Widget Icon. The one indicating how many new messages exist.

OP, do you have the Widget or the app icon on your desktop. If your not positive then lets assume its the App Shortcut and replace it with the widget.

1. Long Press the icon on the screen
  2. Drag to the Remove bar at the top of screen
  3. Long press the empty spot on the screen
  4. Select Widgets at the bottom left
  5. Search or Browse for Voicemail
    1. Icon looks identical to the one you erased but this one is a Widget which will (supposed to) display the message bubble.
  6. Select it to place it on the empty
  7. Press Home Button to exit and verify icon is in place
  8. Have someone leave a voicemail and verify it's functioning

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

smotrs-

My apologies! I misunderstood the concern. If this is the case, we may want to try refreshing the voicemail, which I can do from our systems. EVOhasISSUES- Please send me a private message when you have a chance and we'll work on this together.

Thanks @smotrs!

-William

Master

No prob. I updated my above post with instructions on how to replace the icon they have. The Voicemail App icon has the exact same look as the Widget icon which would give the impression its in place. The difference is that the App icon simply launches the app whereas the Widget will display new messages as well as launch app.

Completly possible it was replaced somehow. At least it can be tried before resetting it on the system. 

Which brings me to another subject. They should really change the icons, one color for the Widget icon another color for the App icon, that way we can ask, is the Widget Blue or Yellow or whatever color represents App.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It's fixed.  I hopped on with Sprint Tech Support and they reset my voicemail and fixed the issue. 

EVOhasISSUES-

Thank you so much for the update and glad to hear that your issue was resolved!

Regards,

William

Master

Excellent. As William said, thanks for the update.

--

Journeyman

I am having the same issue and no one has responded to my help request.  Can someone please help me fix this problem!

I was having this problem some time ago, but it seemed to work itself out somehow. Have you installed the voicemail update? Or the Jelly Bean update? I would think that either of those factors could possibly have something to do with it. And how is your signal strength? I know that when my phone had signal issues, I missed both calls and voicemails.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.