cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

185 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: EVO 4g LTE not receiving voicemail notifications.

Know this thread is old, but just wanted to share this.  I was having VM notification issues with my phone as well.  They worked fine until I opted out of Sprints visual voicemail.  I did a factory reset of JUST THE VOICEMAIL, not the whole phone (settings---applications---voicemail---uninstall updates).  I then called tech support and the representative completely cancelled VM on my account and then added it back (she said she "rebuilt it").  Tested it out with the old version of VM; worked fine.  I then updated to the latest version and tested it out again; worked fine.  Everything seems to be working as normal. The indication light even comes on now.  Hope this helps someone.

Journeyman

Noticed I was having this issue as well on my phone and had a voicemail that was a month old sitting in my inbox that I had received no notifications for.  To troubleshoot I first tried sending myself a direct voicemail from the Visual Voicemail app but it never showed up.  Then I called from my house phone to my cell phone, sent the call to voicemail on my cell phone, waited at least five minutes and no notification either in the status bar telling me to call my voicemail or in Visual Voicemail.  Finally, I turned my phone off, called it from my house, then left a voicemail.  Once I turned the phone back on I got both the status bar icon and the voicemails showed up in Visual Voicemail.  I then called one more time from my house phone with my cell phone still on to make sure I wouldn't have to reboot/turn off everytime, I left a voicemail, and within a minute the notification showed up.  So, some simple steps that didn't involve uninstalling/resetting anything, but hopefully they help someone else.

Journeyman

I started to have VM issues with Brand new phone after installation VM updated app.

What I did, to fix that.

Go to all application and press Voice mail icon, hold and drag to uninstall.

Then  locate you voice mail button on the main home screen, press and hold and drag to remove.

Then press and and hold anywhere on the empty space  on the screen,  it will bring up widget options, scroll thru and find voice mail icon press on it. It will add new voice mail icon and your  notification should work.

It worked for me. Good luck

GrandMaster

this might have been answered already but by chance are you sync'd with google voice/google hangouts for your texts and all that?

as the agent above pointed out you might need to reset your voicemail app to see if that clears it up..downside would be you'll probably lose all the voicemails in there.

Master

Istilldowhatido - We would have to reset your voice mail and everything will be deleted if we do. - CarolSprint Social Care
Journeyman

htc evo 4g "lte"  I checked my voicemail today because I suspected that my visual voicemail and notifications were not working.  I had voicemails dating back to last month.  I've checked the settings on the voicemail and I have the most updated version.

Master

Istilldowhatido - What model phone do you have? When did this issue start? Does it happens everywhere or just in one location? Let us know we want to help. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

add me to the list of folks not getting voicemails :/

Master

PsiHigh,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know how this phone's connectivity works for you. Know that we want to be there for you in your Sprint's service troubles.

- Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Sprint has offered to replace my phone to see if that will help. I don't think the problem is with the phone - I think it is quality of the signal, but we will see when I get the new phone next week. Data speed is actually a secondary consideration. It is primary that I have a phone with a reliable voice connection. I cannot afford to miss any more calls, voicemails and text messages. I need a reliable carrier and a phone that does not have to be reset (PRL and Profile) 2-3 times a week just so I can receive a call.

After I had my phone tested by a Sprint Tech I went to the T-Mobile store and left with a LG G3 on a "Test Drive." I've had it since Tuesday of this week. I love the phone. It is large but I can still handle it with one hand. I have OOkla Speedtest on both the LG and my HTC EVO LTE. I have been testing the two phones in the places I spend the most time. When I connect to Sprint's LTE network I get download speeds that range from a low of 1.5 mbps up to 22-23 mbps. Where the signal is 3G I get download speeds of .15 to 2.0 mbps. With Sprint I have an LTE connection about 50% of the time. (I realize this does not test the phone's reception but it gives me an idea of the network strength.) The T-Mobile LG G3 stays connected to LTE 100% of the time. It never drops to 3G in my city. The speeds range from a low of 3 mbps to a high of 22-23 mbps. All of my calls are crystal clear. The only thing I've noticed about T-Mobile is that the reception in my office building is poor. The Sprint signal is stronger - especially in the basement garage where the T-Mobile phone loses it's connection almost as soon as I step in the elevator. But that probably has more to do with the distance and location of the towers.

I haven't decided what to do yet. I think in rural areas I will roam better with Sprint than T-Mobile, but after living with this for well over a year, and repeatedly hearing how Sprint is going to fix this, I am seriously considering the switch. I am 3 months from the end of my contract so the ETF is only $100 and T-Mobile will pay it.

Change is hard, but sometimes necessary.