cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4g LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4g LTE

When I open my internet it freezes si i have to power off and power on for it to work. It will work fine for 2 days and start doing it again. I have brought it to a Sprint service store and they have re set it twice only for it to doit again in a few days. This time they told me it was due to 2 apps conflicting with each other. Again last night it did it again. Does anyone have an answer or helps hints for me to figure this out?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

If it's apps and you don't want to Hard Reset again to test it you an boot to Safe Mode which will disable all 3rd party apps. But it may take you a couple days to test in that mode to see if it resolves the problem and it may still not for reasons I will explain below.

Reboot the phone, probably best to do a SimPull. Soon as the FIRST bootup screen is shown, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see Safe Mode in the bottom left corner. All 3rd party apps will be disabled, the stock apps should all work.

If it still does it, then you have a bigger conflict which will require a Hard Reset. When doing this, avoid installing any 3rd party apps for a few days to test it. If after a few days and everything working fine, install an app and test again. Eventually you'll figure out which app is causing the problem.

IF and I mean IF, after the Hard Reset and NO apps installed it still does it. Then you have a possible glitch with the installed software which could require a reflash at a Sprint Repair center if they can do it or a replacement phone. Or it could be a hardware issue which would also require a replacement phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat