cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE constantly rebooting

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO LTE constantly rebooting

Anyone else having this problem with their new phone?  Mine is turning itself off and restarting all on its own every few minutes.

Also roaming when it shouldn't.  I get HTC error so I'm assuming its a problem with HTC Sense - but just wondering

if there is a diy fix for this or does the phone have to be exchanged?  AND, do Sprint service centers have this new phone

on hand for exchange or am I in for another wait?    so disappointed...

56 REPLIES 56
Journeyman

samsung galaxy s3

return it and wait to get the samsung galaxy s3.  my orignal evo does the same thing. they obviously haven't fixed that issue with the new evo.  and you can't even remove the battery with the new evo to try and stop they reboot cycle.

the more i'm seeing post about the new evo.. the more amazed i am anyone is buying one.

Journeyman

Re: EVO LTE constantly rebooting

call your Sprint store and ask them what they can do.  every new phone release has some quirks.  I havent seen a phone release yet that does not.

Journeyman

lol --- some of us wouldn't buy an s3 if they were available so why don't you give your man goo squirts a rest.

my god --- you act as if your opinion matters to someone.

Journeyman

it obviously matters to you. you keep commenting on my comments. you like my man good.

Journeyman

"it obviously matters to you."

think so huh? reality isn't where you toil often, is it?

"you keep commenting on my comments."

sure do --- I like to point out some dweeb compairing a sheet of paper to a real device. Call it a hobby if you will.

Here's a S2 story for you --- one of my corporate clients got 5 of them. 4 of them failed within 48 hours and needed to be replaced. Of the 4 replacements 2 died within a week. Yep. I'd rush at a phone like that. lol

"you like my man good."

sure. it's as valuable to me as your opinion as the spec rich s3 is. but quick question ---what's "man good"?

Journeyman

Are you using a case? The free blue case that Sprint sent all the pre-orders will put pressure on the power button for just long enough to cause the phone to shut off. Do you see any messages on the screen before it turns off?

Journeyman

But Madscribe, they at least could remove the battery and put it back in before sending back the defective phones.  LOL!

Journeyman

it was a typo. should have read "goo"   i don't have as much practice typing goo as you do.  we can take a guess as to why that is.

and it must be a fluke that the s2 had 4 out of 5 not work. they must have fallen victim to some unforseen event.  the s2 sold over 20 million units and enabled samsung to take claim as the number one maker.  not sure if you saw me type this..but htc is in fourth place.  tout htc all you want...but you're number one for a reason and 4th for a reason. 

Journeyman

Yeah, any problem with HTC phones couldn't be due to a fluke, that only applies to Samsung phones.

Journeyman

if a phone is frozen and you can't reset it...the only option is to pull the battery. 

Journeyman

Brice,

That has never happened to my Evo or my work iPhone 4 for that matter.  I have said as well as many others that a removable battery is preferred, but it isn't a show stopper for many of us.  The battery would eventually die anyway and would reset.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat