cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE constantly rebooting

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO LTE constantly rebooting

Anyone else having this problem with their new phone?  Mine is turning itself off and restarting all on its own every few minutes.

Also roaming when it shouldn't.  I get HTC error so I'm assuming its a problem with HTC Sense - but just wondering

if there is a diy fix for this or does the phone have to be exchanged?  AND, do Sprint service centers have this new phone

on hand for exchange or am I in for another wait?    so disappointed...

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted
Wizard

kim3342 wrote:

Yes, mine is constanly rebooting.. annoying!!!

Are you using any type of case on the phone?

Highlighted
Wizard

Is it still rebooting every 3-7 minutes? Have you performed any troubleshooting steps such as holding down the power button for 10 seconds to perform a soft reset or performing a factory data reset to reset the software?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh yeah, the rebooting issue every 3 - 10 minutes started after the "Face Unlock" feature was activated and it wouldn't work properly when trying to scan my face for the right match. What I did was taking it back to the Radio Shack store I bought my HTC Evo 4G LTE phone from on June 8, and the the Salesman told me that he could replace it as I have until July 8, 2012 to exchanged it. Before I took it to the store and at the store, I attempted to back up my phone with the "My Backup Pro" app but it rebooted during the backup.

If it reboots again on me I'll just return it and get the Samsung Galaxy S3 instead which I wanted in the first place to replace my Verizon 4G Motorola Droid BIONIC XT875. Since I don't like AT&T, I can't get the HTC One X which I was also comparing with the Galaxy S3.

Anyway, HTC Evo 4G LTE is a nice phone with some cool features, however, I don't think it's for me because the Sprint 4G LTE towers aren't even up in New York City yet, the battery in unremoveable (since I like to carry extended and extra batteries along with me), and it didn't even come with a 16GB microSD card which my Droid BIONIC I had...

Highlighted
Journeyman

My EVO 4G LTE just started doing this today. I can easily reproduce it. If I go into Settings > Apps > All and scroll down, it will reboot.

Other times it's just random.Can't figure it out. How long do I have to return this phone if I bought it 17 days ago. Am I too late?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

wow this is not good to k os. my og evo 4g has been rebooging fof r 8 mknths now, getting progressively worse... now it wont stay on for more than 2 minutes. i have tried 4 differeng htc odm batteries, no go. this is not good hearing the lte is having the same problem, ugh... and i was willing go give htc another chance... to answer your question, i believe you have 30 days to return kt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I activated the "Face Unlock" feature, that's when my HTC Evo 4G LTE started to reboot from 3-10 minutes, then it began to get very hot while charging without the phone case encasing it.

As for returning the phone, you need to look at the top of your purchase receipt to verify what date the is specified to return it. I bought mine from a Radio Shack on June 8th, 2012 and it started to reboot, I took it back the very next day. The salesman showed and told me that I had 14 days to cancel the 2-year contract but I have until July 8th, 2012 to exchange the phone again and Radio Shack will take of it. So you definitely need to double-check your upper right side of your receipt.

Hope this help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I connect to my work's Exchange server and the IT admins there enforce PIN only password. The other options are disabled by default. I don't have the ability to toggle face unlock on, then off as it is greyed out completely, stating my admin has disabled the feature.

If the problem persists, I'll check with the Sprint store to see what my options are for exhanging the phone. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Master

I f you purchased your device from Sprint you have 14 days to return the device.  The day you activate the device counts as day one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read on another forum about the restarting problem: disable the "Fast boot" option (under settings/power), then update your "profile" and "PRL", then restart the phone.  Also I avoid turning on
"Wi-Fi" in areas where there is a weak signal.  I did this and eliminated most of the restart problem on my phone, only restarts every other day or so.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then u haven't use wp7 no problems with no do or mango my phones almost 2yrs now not one crash or freeze is ever.

Highlighted
Master

Stephaniemcintire wrote:

Then u haven't use wp7 no problems with no do or mango my phones almost 2yrs now not one crash or freeze is ever.

Huh?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

for some reason she is thinking this is the OEVO theyre talking about?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat