cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE overheats!

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO LTE overheats!

I am still looking for answers why my EVO LTE overheats!

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
GrandMaster

over heats while doing...what? charging while using it? just sitting there?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i dont think the phone is overheating its the fact that it is a thinner phone bigger battery and a lot more under the hood. i wld guess that it is up around that plastic part where camera is? there was a thread about this when the phone 1st came out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Warmest I have noticed is when using it as a nav device (Telenav), though I didn't get any actual overheat warnings.

Aside - with Telenav running and the display on, the battery level slowly but steadily dropped even though I had it connected to a car charger. Guessing I need to replace my generic, lame-output charger with somethng... juicier, maybe.

And yeah, it got warm. But are you talking about overheating with warnings, or unusually warm-feeling, or...?

Highlighted
Master

While your charging or using it heavily, the phone will get warmer then what you are used to from prior phones due to thickness and materials. Remember, this phone has a metal case, metal conducts heat more so then plastic so where you didn't notice the heat on the previous OEVO you will notice it more on the LTEVO.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't get me wrong guys...i love my HTC LTE...I just been noticing that the temperature when it get's hot or warn is not normal. I couldn't even place it on my ear while talking because it's hot. I called HTC and they want to me track the temperature when it happens. Something, like over 40C is not normal. It happens when I used my Sprint Navigation, downloading and uploading something, and while charging. I closed all apps and still hot. I know that sometimes when you used a lot data it really makes the phone warm but not hot that you can even place it near your ear. so, I'll track the temperature and post it here so you can track with me. I didn't get any warnings though so probably, I am just not used to the LTE but other phones with the same spec as LTE seems to work fine as far as I know.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah same deal goes if its not getting the best of reception. if the phone has to work twice as hard to do something then you'll build up heat pretty quick. ditto goes for charging it while trying to use it. youre already warming the battery up charging it...and then youre making it work even more to do other things..just watch for that flashing LED so you know its getting way to warm....actually now im not sure if this phone does that when it over heats or not..anyone have a answer for this one?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry I don't know about whether the LED flashes as a warning but I gotta say - pretty much every time I see this thread title in my inbox I misread it and see 'EVO LTE overeats.'

Highlighted
GrandMaster

well everyone says this phone is a beast...they just dont say what for lol.

i know the OEVO would flash amber/green when it was over heating..if im remembering right the 3D did as well..so i dont see why this one wouldnt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it still does flash those lights when it overheats.  I know this very well as it happens to me all the time, but only while using Google Navigation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been experiencing extreme temperatures with my EVO LTE too.  This only gets critical when I'm in the car using Google Navigation.  The phone goes into the 40's (temperature), and if I leave Navigation on, it gets even worse.  Somewhere in the high 40's, the charging lights on both the phone and car dock starts to flicker.  I finally put two and two together...  The phone actually starts discharging at this point.  I have my battery widgets,  and prolonged use of my GPS drives the temp into the mid 50's.  My OG EVO used to do this, so I'm not surprised.   This phone just like any other has its limits.  I know when to pull the plug now.  I'm still a little disappointed...  I have to say that taking the phone off the car dock and laying it in the cup holder helped cool it down.  I was still able to use the navigation, but the phone was still pretty warm (35-40).  Normal internet usage off the charger has it at 40.  I have a TPU case on it just in case you're curious.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this a case of charging it while using Navigation?  You should be able to do that if you were going to use it as a GPS on a long road trip I would hope.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat