cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE overheats!

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO LTE overheats!

I am still looking for answers why my EVO LTE overheats!

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, this is the case of charging it while using Navigation.  The phone really heats up fast.  It doesn't take long at all.  Well I should be able to use it as a GPS on a long road trip, but I don't know if it would be possible.  I would have to pull it off the charger strategically to avoid the overheating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would be interested to know if this happens to everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, me too.  I've seen other posts out there about the phone temperature...  I still love the EVO LTE, and I'm not getting rid of it.  If HTC thinks this is abnormal and would let me exchange mine, I'll be down for that.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

pull the case off of it and try it again. im wondering if the case itself is acting more like a jacket while its on the dock. being on the dock will cause it to warm up anyways since its charging it..running a app while its charging will warm it up a bit more...but im currious to see if that case is holding in the heat and making it build

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have any casing of sort just a protector sheet on the front. HTC tech guy also asked me that question. I think  just have to wait for me to track the temperature and send it to them. You can also call HTC if you are experiencing this type of abnormality with LTE so they can track all of us and be able to change something on the phone if needs be.

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, cases can act as insulators on our phones or jackets as FireGuy put it, holding in the heat. I would check it again without the cover on the phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

My LTEvo overheated.

Phone is in plastic case sold by Sprint & screen protector installed by Sprint

Phone was charging it while using Navigation for less than 30 minutes.

Amber/ green LED flashing.

I use TeleNav quite a bit. This overheat issue is a problem for me!

Highlighted
Master

Remove the case, screen protector shouldn't be an issue, but remove the case and try it again. See if the green/amber lights come on again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

when you have a chance since youre one of the lucky ones that got a perfect phone, plug it in to charge and throw on your navigation...doesnt matter if youre at home or work..just let it run for a while and see if it does the same thing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to ask those who have the same experiences as I do to call HTC and let them know that this is happenning so they would look into it. To clarify, I don't have any cover on the LTE except a protector sheet. I used my navigation since I do 100% traveling. I sold my Garmin since I started using Sprint, ans I found it very convenient except when my LTE heats up!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if you could, do the same thing i asked smotrs above..once youre home plug your phone into a regular charging cable and turn on your navigation...see if it heats up the same as when its in the dock.

post what you find please

Highlighted
Master

Will do.

Hey A22Matik, which battery app are you using so I can see the same results.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat