Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE overheats!

Journeyman

EVO LTE overheats!

I am still looking for answers why my EVO LTE overheats!

62 REPLIES 62
Journeyman

Odigs - I didn't know about this...

I still prefer the app, as it’s convenient.  I see that big display letting me know how much juice I have.  With one swipe down to see notifications (even from locked screen) I get the temp, battery health, and how long the phone has been running since the last charge.  For each his own..

FYI - I just posted a tip about creating a shortcut for the screen in question.  You can add it to your homepage for quick access.

Master

Thanks Matik, I was actually referring to the display you get when you do the following,

Odigs wrote:

hey guys forgot to mention that when I called HTC he gave a code to find your battery temp. so, you don't have to download an app to find out. on your dial pad, dial *#*#4636#*#*, it will give you a menu and choose battery information. (if you haven't done so)

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The car charger was 3rd party.

Got a new OEM Sprint charger now. Will test soon

Journeyman

Bought phone from Sprint Service center three weeks ago, HW version 0003

Journeyman

UPDATE EVERYONE: I sent my HTC LTE to HTC for them to check and they keep telling that they didn't find any faults on the phone. I escalated it and I told them how it overheats. So far, my phone is still with them and I missed it. I bought an iPhone4 to replace and I hate it. I miss my HTC LTE! (Note: this is the first time i've used an iPhone) Wish me luck that they send my HTC back soon.

Master

One thing I noticed before and after the update when I was testing was the following. Before the update, when it got to about 47C the phone would say Overheat. After the update, the phone says normal at the same temperature. So I'm thinking they may have changed the threshold for when it displays overheat or not.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

hmmm...sound like it's over 40 is normal...

Journeyman

How long have they had your phone?  I'm surprised they didn't tell you to take it to a Sprint Repair Center...

Journeyman

smotrs - I've noticed my 2nd EVO LTE has only overheated once since I got it.  Can't remember the temperature though...  Overall, it seems to perform better (not overheat) than my 1st EVO LTE.  I use it in the same way I used the first...

Sprint Employee

47°C maybe, and does the charge indicator still have solid green, or red indication? I see my phone stop charging because of overheat between 112°F and 120°F (about 46°C). Usually only a problem if I'm using navigation, charging, and listening to music over bluetooth at the same time in the pickup (Black pickup, no A/C and the in shade temperature is over 100°F), never have the problem in the family car. how warm is the environment where you have this happen, and is it in /out of the sun?

No longer working Community Response.
Master

heh, I just realized I put 47F I changed it to read 47C. 

Indicator showed normal Orange charging color for charging sa my battery wasn't full. The testing I did was while in my Wrangler, charging with google navigation running on a 60min trip. Soon as I got to my destination, I switched over to the temperature screen which I had loaded in the background via *#*#4636#*#* and it showed a temp of 47C and a Battery Health of Normal. I'll try to run another test on the way home tonight and screen shot it. I had screen shot the previous one but after performing a couple HR's for HTC, realized I lost it.

--

Sprint Employee

It may be more convenient to use AndroSensor by Fiv Asim, instead of using *#*#4636#*#*.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat