cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO LTE w/ Zagg HD screen protector vs Otterbox Defender.

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO LTE w/ Zagg HD screen protector vs Otterbox Defender.

So I have the Zagg installed on the phone currently.  In trying to find a case, i found the Defender from Otterbox.  Love the case, however w/ the Zagg installed, it presses against the the Otters built in screen protecter.  So my thinking is this....

1. Remove the zagg and use the otterbox's built in protected.  I don't like this idea because it would allow dust possibly under the screen b/w the 2.  Thats why i like the Zagg, nothing is getting under it.

2. Remove the built in protector from the otterbox (easily done) and just use the zagg with the rest of the case.

3. Leave as is, however I worry that in the heat, they may stick together and damage each other. (thoughts)

Ready....comment  

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: EVO LTE w/ Zagg HD screen protector vs Otterbox Defender.

Get rid of the Zagg. Their screen protectors suck. Dust won't get under your OtterBox.

Journeyman

Does anyone have anything more helpful then "they suck"?  Why don't you lik the Zagg?  Iv'e personally never had any problems with them.

Journeyman

Option 2. I have Zagg on most of my devices and love them all to include their earbuds. The ones saying the "suck" is the first person I have seen say they didn't like them and I have a lot of people I know who use their protectors. Heck, my old Zune was run over by a school bus when it dropped from my pocket walkign my son across the street with their full protector on it. If the screen hadn't cracked from the sheer weight of the bus pushing a pebble against it, then it wouldn't have had a scratch on it! I don't think ANY protector could have helped stop that but it not having a scratch beyond the screen says a lot when a school bus runs over it with both the front and back tires.

Your worry about it sticking is right though. I had that happen with a different case for a phone. The screen protector for the case stuck to the Zagg and ruined them. Luckily they have a lifetime warrenty and I sent it back for a new one. I also wrote them and asked and they said that to create it so it didn't do this would compramise the protection so suggest to use one or the other but never both.

Journeyman

I am a big fan of Zagg and always use invisible shield to wrap my phones. My phones are always scratch free and in amazing condition. Thanks to Zaggs easy replacement I make it a habit to change it out every 4 months or so. I have never really cared for the bulkiness of a case especially otterbox, that is why I am giving away the case I bought on a whim. I am also the only one of my friends not afraid to let the kids play on my phone because I am so confident in Zagg. They all have otterboxs and ballistic cases

Journeyman

How can dust get in otter case is surround by rubber seal. If you want to use zagg that bad just cut the otter screen protector out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat