cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO keeps restarting

Journeyman

EVO keeps restarting

Anyone else having an issue with the new EVO LTE freezing and restarting? It has happened four times today and I am getting a little ticked off.

Tags (3)
156 REPLIES 156
Wizard

Re: EVO keeps restarting

Not having any issues, NONE.

Journeyman

All the time.  This is getting to be a problem.

Journeyman

Mine is doing it as well...  Anyone find a fix for it yet or call sprint about it?

Master

Do you recall which apps were installed prior to the restarting issue? Maybe we can narrow it down. Could be an app installed, a setting changed or a combination of.

The only issue I've had on mine is that Sense seems to restart when going back to the home screen if I have been using a bunch of apps prior.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

My EVO works just fine and beautifully. No restarts at all

Journeyman

Thank you Brendengilbert, your post really added content to the thread.

Journeyman

Yes, my phone resets my itself about every 10-20 minutes, without starting or using any applications, while sitting idle on my desk.  Ive updated my prl and profile several times, and induced the 10s power button push a few times. I'm located in Austin TX got my EVOLTE on 6/2/12 and first noticed the problem yesterday 6/3/12.

The log file of the crash reports points to an error in the SMSM radio, causing a kernel panic. 

SMSM: modem SMSM state changed to SMSM_RESET

probable err_fatal on the modem. calling sub system restart

restart sequence requested for modem restart_level=3

sub-sys restart: subsystem_restart()

subsystem_restart: modem did not enable SSR, reset SOC instead.

[SDM] smem: DIAG 'Q6SW a2_il_per.c01879 p:0,0,0 A2 assertion failed

Notify: start reset

Kernel Panic - not syncing: subsystem-restart: Resetting the SoC - modem crashed.

Journeyman

I had the same issue then noticed that it was my case holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds causing the phone to reboot. Make sure this isnt happening to you, i am using the Seidio PT case. Kind of bad design on the phone clip.

Journeyman

I'm not using a case and the phone is just sitting on my desk, so there is no pocket to button or case to button action going on.

My mobile network settings are as follows:

Network mode: LTE / CMDA

roaming: automatic

domestic voice: checked

domestic data: un-checked

I'll change these settings around and see if they are related to my issue.

still geting reboots with:

Network mode: CMDA only

roaming: automatic

domestic voice: checked

domestic data: checked

Journeyman

Mine started the first dayJune 2nd first one out of the store. It now reboots all the time and requires me to reset up the phone every time. There appear to be no specific software. It contantly has bad data storage and need to be wiped. I done it from debug screen and in the setting menu under apps.

I cant keep anything on this phone, lost my contact ported over from old phone long time ago. This is last phone I will be getting from HTC, I had the HTC EVO 4G for last two years.

Right now it rebooting constantly and displaying "UID on the system are incisistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable".

Doesnt matter what I do, I had it crashed just turning on/off Wi-Fi and require a complete configuration like it was a new phone. I can visit the play store, it will crash and require a configuration..

Non-stop crashing,,,,, I am really tired of this. Give me a patch or something cause it need to stop.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

After wiping the phone which accounts, file, and apps had been readded to the phone before it reset again.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat