Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Early Upgrade

bkrad97,

Wow, that really doesn't sound good at all! What type of phone do you carry? Have you tried taking it into a Sprint Corporate Service and Repair store to be looked at? Let me know so that I can look into our options.

*Ben

Social Care

Journeyman

then im curious. I got my last phone upgrade in april of 2011. but on the website my upgrade isnt available till april 1'st of 2013. its dec of 2012 and my phone doesnt charge its battery anymore and Best Buy has stated that they will not send it in for repairs. If sprint wont give me an early upgrade and Best Buy wont fix my problem what should i do? I cant go 115 days without a phone.I need a phone. But if sprint is strict about their 14 day policy what good does that do me thats still 111 days of zero phone. the phone dies when its on the charger. it was the first phone i ever got to pick out for myself and its in prestine condition. Almost brand new looking. But it doesnt charge the way it should anymore. an entire night of the phone being turned off and plugged in as a symbol says its charging and only 18%? i think not. So what am i to do? I need a phone, that charges. I want to upgrade to the GN2 through Best Buy, the same way all my upgrades have been done for years. The account is in good standing, as always.

Journeyman

Do you have the contact information for tele sales I am trying to do an upgrade but was told that I can't until October 2013.  I was having issues with my phone I had returned it to the store 3 times so after the third time I decided that this phone was crap and because I chaged phones they extended my contract and called it an upgrade instead of an insurance claim.  Customer service is awful I need to talk to somebody I think this is unfair I left T-Mobile and went to Sprint I should have stayed with T-Mobile but I let my daughter talk me into it.

Wizard

No worries, I'll send you a private message.  You can send them by clicking on someone's Avatar (pic above their username) and selecting 'send private message' on the right side of the page. 

To view your private messages, click the drop down labeled 'your stuff' at the top of the forums and clicking on 'private messages'

Journeyman

One question leads to another. I'm a newbie and may not be seeing the obvious, but I don't see any information about a private message. How do I go about it? Thanks.

Wizard

You probably would get that stare - that's a programming function that we can walk you through once the device is active on the new line. I would recommend calling into technical support at 800.927.2199 once the phones are on the correct numbers to get them programmed by doing the SCRTN.  Most likely Best Buy will say that the phone must be factory reset, but that is not the case just for swapping phone numbers. 

If you'd like, you can send me a private message with your Sprint phone numbers and I can send you the instructions so you can take them in with you when you go to pick up your phone.

Journeyman

Thanks, _D4V1D_, for confirming that I can get to transfer my wife's number to my 3D without losing other information. Now, one more question -- if I get a blank stare from the salesperson at BestBuy about SCRTN, what can I tell him/her what that is?

Wizard

Yes, we can do what's called an SCRTN which will erase the programming for your phone number and then provision it with her number instead.  And you can take care of the contacts the way you described.  You can also go into menu>settings>accounts and sync>tap on your Gmail account and uncheck the contacts/calendar/mail and then clearing out your contact storage by pressing menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>click contacts storage>clear data.  This will remove your contacts and then setup her Gmail account and her contacts will sync.

Contact Remover is also a good application to easily remove your unwanted contacts all at once instead of one at a time.

Journeyman

I can report now that I got the same promise from Sprint that you reported several days ago -- the representative said he could not change the eligibility date now, but if I call on the 18th it can be changed then. He assured me that Best Buy, where I have the phone reserved, would then be able to sell me the phone at the upgrade price.

Last year when I upgraded to the 3D, I had Best Buy transfer my wife's number to the 4G that I had. I'm thinking now about having Best Buy transfer her number to my EVO 3D. Do you (or anybody who's reading this message) know if that can be done without doing a factory reset of the phone? I would like the 3D to keep all the apps that are on it. The only exception would be the People information. My wife has a much smaller dialing directory than I do. Both directories are maintained at mail.google.com.  I believe I can take care of that by simply linking to her account and pulling in her directory after I've set View to see only her directory and not mine.

Journeyman

So ive contacted telesales and was told that they could move my upgrade date to the 18th if i have been having issues with my phone.  I told them that I have been having issues with battery life.  The rep said that more than likely my upgrade date will be moved ahead but that i needed to call back on the 18th.  Ive read that some people have been pretty succesful calling telesales