cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email font issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email font issue

I think several people are having this issue but I have yet to find an answer.  When using the native email app on the phone, the font size is too big.  I have tried changing the size settings and pinch to zoom out but neither of these options work.  I have to scroll from left to right just to read the email.  Is there a fix for this?

Also, is there a way to have all messages "display images" instead of having to click on the button for each email?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Yes, this is a known issue we had hoped would of been addressed in the previous updates. HTC and Sprint are aware of the problem so hopefully we see a fix for this in the next update(s).

Are you referring to image attachments or images as a result of an HTML message?

For the former, this is not done to prevent the images being downloaded using up someone data allowance and resulting in overages. Not everyone has an Unlimited Data plan like Sprint. So if someone received some emails with HUGE raw data graphics, the data allowance would be chewed up really fast. Therefore, a thumbnail is presented and you have to manually download the image.

For the later, once you have clicked the "Show pictures" followed by the "Always show picturs from this sender" buttons, you won't have to again for that sender. There is no way to do it globably though for all senders.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat