Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on HTC EVO LTE 4G

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Email on HTC EVO LTE 4G

Hi all!  Hopefully everyone has received their phones by now! I am new to the Android market, having been a very loyal BlackBerry user for some time!  I have a question about the email system:

There are two different icons for email, one is gmail (has an envelope and a g) and the other is the normal phoen email icon.  I have my gmail account set up to be used as a backup, etc., but when I receive an email I get notifications on both icons.  I have tried to delete the gmail icon, but then the phone told me that I was not set up for backups, which I am assuming I do want this feature.

So, my question is, without having to go to both icons to delete emails, how can I get it set to come to only one, without deleting the backup system.  This sounds greek to me, so hopefully someone understands what I am asking and can help!

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

Re: Email on HTC EVO LTE 4G

TATHIB,

Did you set up the gmail account under both icons?

Markie_B

Journeyman

Yes, well the CSR at Sprint did.  Said I needed the gmail icon one for backups, but the regular email icon one is what I need for my calendars, etc. to all be available.  I just went with it, but I am very weird about icons and don't like to have all the notifications on my phone, so of course I'm having to clear them both when I get an email.

Wizard

TATHIB,

It can be confusing at first. What calendars are you syncing, Google or other(s)?. You need only to set up your gmail once and it is designed to come in under gmail. If you set it up under both when your email comes in it will come in under both icons. Here are the instructions for deleting the account under your mail icon:

Delete an Email Account

Delete an email account from your phone if you want to discontinue using that account.

1. Touch Home > Applications > Mail  

2. Switch to the email account that you want to delete.

3. Touch Menu (the three dots stacked)> Settings > Delete account

Try that and let me know if that helps.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Wizard

TATHIB,

You are most welcome. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Markie_B

Journeyman

The problem with deleting the account that has a normal "mail icon" (when a new mail arrives ) is that when you send photographs from the gallery, you cannot select gmail unless you have the duplicate account set up. Is there a way around it?

Sprint Employee

This should not be the case, I am going to send this to somebody to help determine why you are seeing this happen.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024,

Sorry - Actually I can do that. I just didnt click " see all" and there is gmail. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your willingness to help me though.

Sprint Employee

Not a problem, I'm glad to see that it's working as intended. that's the goal.

No longer working Community Response.
Master

Keep in mind, if you use the Productivity Lock Screen, the only way to get Gmail mail to show up is to add it to the Mail program at this time. This is something that hopefully gets addressed in an OTA update as well as adding the new message count bubble to the Gmail app which has been an issue since the OEVO.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

This is a different question related to the email app on the LTE...I switched to K9 mail on my OG Evo because they "updated" the default mail app so it wouldn't delete from the server when you deleted it from your phone, and wouldn't delete it from the phone if you downloaded and deleted your mail from the server via you home computer.  Just curious if this is how the default mail app behaves on the LTE or did they do it right?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat