cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is Enough! HTC EVO 4G LTE HELL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Enough is Enough! HTC EVO 4G LTE HELL!

I have never in my life dealt with a more worthless phone company! I am currently on my 4th or 5th replacement phone. That they claim is "one of the most fantastic phones" they have. Dropped calls, no signal, random restarts, freezes and more is not how I would describe an "fantastic phone". I have dealt with every sprint store in my city and not one of them act like they cared. All they do is order a new phone, that still doesn't work. I am frustrated beyond belief, and when I called customer service she had the nerve to tell me well if I want to get a different model, they will have to charge me $150 or more. I opened my account on this phone June 29, 2012, it is only a yr later and i've already been through 4 phones. I can't even get signal even in my house, they have been saying that we were going to get 4g in this area but I can't even get 3g. My phone's power button just went out and the genius at the Sprint store turned the phone off and couldn't get it to turn back on so he told me I can go home and see if it will come on for me. So i'm not stuck with no phone till the middle of next week. I've met so many people with this phone that have more issues than me, and thats sad cause I know the hell i'm going through. I've wrote in and told customer service they need to really look into these phones and it shows how little not just the stores here really care. How many refurbished phones will I have to go through before enough is enough? Why should I have to pay $350 to get out of a contract if I barely get to use my phone? This is ridiculous!

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Enough is Enough! HTC EVO 4G LTE HELL!

I feel your frustration, just keep in mind, Sprint does not own the phones and they are not reliable for them. With what I remember, that phone came out about 2-3 yrs ago, it might be time for an upgrade. You can use the new program Sprint rolled out, as long as you had your current phone for a year or more.

Also, the ETF is a prorated charge, so closer to the end of your contract you are, less it is. if you had your phone for a year, your ETF should be around $150-$175.

As far as your experience to the sprint store, if I was you, I was going to stay there, at least, until they returned the phone back to the original condition that you brought it to the store. Many ppl at the store level have no clue about the phones we use, so I would not expect much from them.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thats like saying McDonalds doesn't own the food they are selling! No, I don't work at McDonalds but I work in customer service and if a customer is having a problem with a something that my company is selling we try our best to fix that issue. There will not be a need for a 5th replacement because by the 3rd try we really stop and see what the issue is, even if we don't "own" our devices we'll surely call the people who do and see what's going on.

This exact phone came out the summer of 2012 and by the anniversary of the release date I was waiting on my 4th replacement (which was this past June). I wasn't trying to do an early termination, just to get a different " similar model" it will be $150, but since I don't want to pay that, which I paid only 3 months ago, I'm stuck with my 5th replacement 4g lte. Its crazy how many people are going through these problems on this same exact phone and they still haven't done anything. Great Job Sprint!

You're right, the store workers are really useless!

Journeyman

I agree with you, I also have been a loyal customer for Sprint since it open in Del Rio Texas. I never had problems, I love how Missie Galindo always helps me out,. She is the the best. That been said. Unfortunately for us she needs to rest, so I am on my fourth EVO and like you nobody can do [inappropriate word removed],,,, all I get is (you need to call customer service, they transfer me to their tech guy,, he transfers, me to the insurance, they tell me go back to store ) . Guess what I do all that but the so call store manager is on a call and she can't help me,so I make sure they give her my number so I can talk to her . It is now about a week no call, so that tells me I don't matter. I gave four contracts with them, but it must be pocket change.

Like you I don't want another EVO, I want another [inappropriate word removed] phone that works ,I deserve that and no I won't pay for it because I didn't break this [inappropriate word removed] cell Sprint or who ever made the [inappropriate word removed] phone messed it up, so write it off I'm sure you will get your money back drone the government.

Before I forget the manager name is Rosie, incase you actually look into the complains

Message was edited by: TheModerator This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

This is my first Sprint Evo, usually I only stick with Apple but wanted to see what the hype was all about. Is all Evo's this horrible? I was just talking to my manager and she has had her Evo for the past 2 yrs and she is on her 4th replacement. The sad part is like you, Djmomm, and many more customers she has been with Sprint forever. You're really lucky to have Ms. Galindo, its people like her that Sprint should be thankful for. Oh, the phone run around game is freaking (so not the word I wanted to use) irritating!

I'll be sure to look into the complaints, This is so time consuming and I really don't have the time to play Sprint's games. I'm working 3 jobs and taking care of my great grandparents so I do not have time to be without my phone. I'll be sure to give her a call, thank you!

Journeyman

I have the EVO 4G LTE, also. I travel all over the country and only have issues with data signal. I did get a replacement phone only because my screen got dead spots. HTC makes good phones, still have my original EVO I bought over 4 years ago and it works great.

I have always had good results dealing with customer service. Sometimes you have to call multiple times to get a rep that can/will help with the issue. I have been told by one that there is nothing they can do, hang up and call back, and they take care of it with no problems. Not always the case, but almost.

Yikes, sorry to hear of your frustrations. I may have a few options for you but I would need to look at your account. What I would like you to do, is private message me on here with your phone number, pin code or answer to your security question, as well any additional information you may have on the matter. I will take a look at your different options and get back to you shortly.

Talk soon,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Hey there,

I am her for you as well. Are you currently having concerns with your device? Let me know and I can see what options we have available.

Thanks for your patience,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Good morning,

I see your post. What is going on with your data signal? Are you noticing this happening in certain spots? Or is it mostly inside? Let me know the cross streets and zip, I can take a look at the area to see if I can see anything going on and report it if I need to.

Talk soon,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat