cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4G LTE connection issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo 4G LTE connection issues

I upgraded from Blackberries for my wife and I back in June and we have been having service issues ever since.  Dropped calls constantly is definitely one of them, along with emails that are not syncing on their own.....they require me to refresh for them to populate and text that dont always go through, or when they do they are severely delayed.  In addition to that on numerous instanced I have gone into my voicemail only to have multiple voicemail's waiting for me from weeks ago that I was never notified about.

I have called into support 3 times in addition to going to a local Sprint store and after all of the phone reboots, updates to the towers, re-activations i am still having issues with both phones which is frustrating.  I was told that 4G in my area was supposed to be upgraded before July, but I have yet to even connect outside of 3G since I have had these phones.

I have been in this same area for 4 years and never had any of these problems with the past Blackberries.  I have been told that the Blackberries have better antenna's compared to these newer Droid phones, but I cant see it being that much poorer of a solution.  For the money that was paid for the phones and for the monthly service I am having a hard time accepting it.  Been a Sprint customer for over 12 years so I don't want to leave, but I cant seem to get a resolution.

Any thoughts, ideas, similar issues in Northern Illinois area?

Thanks All.         

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

I am sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your new phones. Can you please be a little more specific with the area that you are having the problems? Zip code and major cross streets would be great. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Definitely, the major zip code areas are 60073 and 60061.  Let me know if this helps and thank you for looking into this.

Highlighted
Wizard

After looking into your area, I have identified that Sprint is rolling out Network Vision in your area. Basically this means that the towers in your area are being upgraded for more capacity with both voice and data and greater data speeds. These upgrades should be completed soon and you will notice a significant improvement in your services. I know this can be frustrating, but we are aware of the problem and we are diligently working to resolve the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any ideas on when the Network Vision is supposed to be completed in this area?  Are there any things I can do to make the phone work better in the meantime?

As a follow up question to that, I am guessing this is not your call, but what can be done from credit standpoint on my account since I am not getting the service that we are paying for?

Thank you agian for your assistance, you have been truely helpfull

Highlighted
Wizard

From what I am seeing, the upgrades should be near completetion in the next few weeks.Generally updating your profile from your phone will help with some of your connection issues. This can be done by: settings<system updates<update profile.

As far as the credit goes, it is looked at on a case by case basis. Once the issue has been confirmed resolved, we can usually determine time with services being impacted.

Thank you for your time and patience, if you have any questions, please feel free to "friend" me and send me a private message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've tried in several threads to have Sprint rep check my area. Had issues with the EVO LTE , turned it back in , but now I am getting more dropped calls on OEVO then I ever did. Zip code. 48307, 48306, 48363, 48326...all zip codes are in same radius with issues.....Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same type of issues in Kansas City since the launch of the new 4G LTE network, it keeps dropping the data connection even with full bars; the toggling between 3G and 4G is constantly causing dropped calls and the loss of data, especially if you are close to the tower. Considering that Sprint's Headquarters are located here in Overland Park / Kansas City and the network is having these type of issues, I am not very confident on Sprint's ability to resolve the issue any time soon. ....Perhaps this is part of Sprint's unlimited data strategy, it is only unlimited because you would never be able to stay online long enough to reach your limit...

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is exactly why I am thinkin bout jumpin ship., Just as the whole Sprint experience is hit or miss, mostly MISS, I have posted in several threads to have area towers looked into. Not even a peep outta any rep or advocate.  NICE.  Go figure , the shotty service and same ol same ol rhetoric about towers this and towers that, can't even get a rep here to repsond.  Peace Out Ya'll ...Good luck with NV LTE...Pffftttt. Another proaganda scheme to get peeps locked into 2 more miserable years with S*@# service...

Highlighted
Wizard

Warrior,

I am sorry that no one has looked into your location. Based off the zip codes provided; we have not have any tower upgrades or maintanence in the past 7 days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ky158151 wrote:

Warrior,

I am sorry that no one has looked into your location. Based off the zip codes provided; we have not have any tower upgrades or maintanence in the past 7 days.

Thank you.  Problem is I have been having terrible voice service on my OEVO where I had no problems before.  So if no tower issues then what? Any ideas?  Been like this for a month or more now. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I sent you a private message.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat