cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4G LTE preorder $119.99 at Wirefly

Journeyman

Evo 4G LTE preorder $119.99 at Wirefly

I just pre-ordered the EVO 4G LTE for $119.  It is really hard to pass up such a great phone at this price.  I cannot wait until this thing ships out!

http://slickdeals.net/f/4356884-Evo-4G-LTE-preorder-119-99-at-Wirefly

22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Evo 4G LTE preorder $119.99 at Wirefly

Wow, That's a great deal, They are also waiving the $36 activation fee.

Wizard

worth a read on deals such as this. this is just s PSA and am just arming the consusmer with information.

http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/08/11582479-discount-cellphone-sites-come-with-double-dos...

wirefly demands you stay on contract and not make anay major changes for at  least 6 months or you incurr  major fees. this is they standard policy and not just for this device.

Journeyman

I have used Wirefly several times with no issues at all.  They really are a great company.  It is definitely worth pointing out that they do require you to stay on contract for at least 6 months, or you do get additional fees, so thank you for the info!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did call Wirefly about the free activation that they are offering, and it does not apply to the Evo 4G LTE.  The free activation promotion on Wirefly's website is through Sprint, so you cannot get free activation on this phone even going directly to Sprint.  However, I have been successful in "sweet-talking" my way to getting an activation credit after the fact

Master

Wirefly waive activation fee fine print  only valid on qualifying rate plans, not valid on preorders  $36.00 will appear on your bill and will be credited back with in 2nd or 3rd bill, must still be on qualifying rate plan.   Credit will appear as adjustment  and will not state it is for activation fee credit . 

Is only valid from May 7th to May 10th 11:59 pm PST.  Upgrade orders are not included in this promotion

Journeyman

It appears you can upgrade your phone via Wirefly but the price has now changed to $149.  My one questions however, is do I get to keep my same plan or do i have to choose a different "new" plan to get the phone?  My plan price is much better than what Wirefly is offering.  Thanks!

Master

If your not on one of Sprint's current all inclusive data plans you will be required to change plans.

Thanks 14KNIGHT, I didn't look that far into it, Just noticed on the front page that they were.

Journeyman

I am on Sprint's "Everything Plus Fam" Plan...(former SERO plans) with unlimited data etc.  I currently have the original EVO so the plan should be fine with the new EVO.  It just seems strange that during the upgrade they ask you to pick a plan - I don't want to be moved to a more expensive plan.  Anyone familiar with this?  I'd love to save the extra $50 but not if it means paying more monthly.

Journeyman

I was told otherwise (They said the upgrade activation was included) through wireflys phone (where I ordered) and via chat with a sprint rep. I guess one way or the other that fee is going to be reimbursed as I was told it would by both places before I placed my order yesterday.

Journeyman

They have never changed my plan when I bought phones through them. I just choose the same plan I currently have. It has never had any effect on my company discount either.  I would call Wirefly and ask them to make sure, but if you choose the same plan, then Sprint will not change what you are paying (unless you are going from a non smart phone to a smart phone, then Sprint themselves will make you choose a data plan which will of course cost more).

Journeyman

Doug_D:

I think you can't upgrade the phone with SERO plans through 3rd party. I tried from Amazon wireless and they said they can't do it.

Then read somewhere SERO folks has to do at Corporate store or through phone.

Sprint reps... plz correct me if I am wrong

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat