cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4G LTE preorder $119.99 at Wirefly

Journeyman

Re: Evo 4G LTE preorder $119.99 at Wirefly

I thought I was able to do but then I checke my status and it just says cancelled...the reason

"Unfortunately we are unable to process the type of account that you have with Sprint.  However, we believe that if you contact Sprint directly, they will be able to assist you.  We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope that you will consider us again in the future."

What a bunch of bs.  Maybe I will just wait to upgrade later but I hate the thought that I could have got this phone for $80 less than via Sprint. 

Journeyman

You can try Best Buy instead. BB currently runs a promotion giving $50 gift card for pre-order the phone, and if you have signed their CHOOSE PHONE FREEDOM program back in Feb. you can get another $50 gift card. Upgrade price on BB before the gift cards is the same as Sprint.com for $199.99, you do the math. I'm on SERO-P too, and just completed the preoder on BB's website without any problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you get the $50 gift card from bb?  Do you have to activate it in their store or can you just do it online and then bb sends or emails you the gift card?  I'm thinking this is my best bet.

Journeyman

I think you can activate it either in store or online, and yes the gift card can be emailed to you. BTW, I noticed that you have the original EVO. BB also has promotion for trade in the old EVO for $100 or something, and all the promotions should be stackable. You'd better go check it out at your local store.

Wizard

the trade in value for the original evo 4G is $50 at BBY. the gift code upon activation will be mailed to you. so you have to actually activate the phone  (thus completing the transaction and satisfying the requirements) in order for the $50 gift code to be pushed to your e-dress that is registered with sprint. This is how it was explained to me at the BBY i went to. best to call your local BBY and see how they will handle it. better to be prepared now.

Journeyman

Hey did anyone get the device protection service with wirefly? I noticed that it was cheaper than Sprint's device protection service, which is $7.99/month, compared to wirefly, which is $6.99/month. Anyways I got curious and called Sprint to ask the differents and I don't think they gave me a good enough answer to why wirefly's device protection serviceis cheaper and better (I mean look at the  device protection service, they don't have a deductable when a phone is accidently damage or stolen. To me, that's a good freaking deal lol)

I guess main question to this post is "Is wirefly's device protection service trustworthy to get over sprint's?"

Journeyman

Also, I was curious to hear some opinion if I should cancel my preorder with sprint for the Evo 4G LTE and go with this good? I kind feel skeptical on deal because it seem to good to be true. Also would we get it on earlier than the release date (may 18th), on release date, or later?

Please help me out with some opnions. Thank you :]

Journeyman

Beware of any third party retailer, IMHO I am sticking with my Sprint pre-order because I do not want to read other third party offers T's & C's. I heard Wirefly has conditions added to the terms and service and if you don't read carefully and break one additional charges can be applied against your form of payment. At least with Sprint, I know what to expect as I am a long time customer, pretty much know the terms of use by now. Hope this helps

Journeyman

The caveat to Wirefly is that they will charge you if you break your Sprint contract within the first 6 months.  That is the only downside that I know of.  I have always ordered my phones from Wirefly, but I always keep my phones for at least 6 months.  I don't know if you would get them the same day as if you ordered from Sprint.  I would give Wirefly a call and ask them.  All the phones I ordered in the past were in stock.

As far as your question regarding the protection plan?  I personally would use Sprint and not Wirefly.  But that is because I have dealt with Sprint and had no trouble.  I have no experience with Wirefly's protection plan.  If it is like other third party company's protection plans, then it probably sucks.

Journeyman

Yeah, if you don't feel comfortable with third party companies, don't use them.  Main thing is not to cancel your Sprint contract within the first 6 months or they will charge you fees to recover the cost of the phone.  It is the exact same thing with Amazon wireless.

Journeyman

I'm not sure about wirefly, but the best buy protection plan does NOT cover lost or stolen phones. It only covers damages. Might want to make sure that is not the case with wirefly. Btw Sprint TEP is now $10 a month, not $7.99!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat