Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4g LTE app storage

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo 4g LTE app storage

fireguy_6364 is right i was just wondering what was the size of the app storage partition in the EVO 4g lte?  I assumed by now that the mail client in the OG EVO was fixed not to eat memory, i was just using it as an example.  If it is the complete volume using ICS new method then that would be great.  However if it is the old way where everything is partitioned and a fixed size then it is an issue.  I am not a huge picture taker so I would rather have more room internally for apps than data, besides that is what the sd card is for.  I have searched it and the ONE X seems to have 2GB partition for apps.  So after Sprint puts there none removable apps on there who knows what we as users will be left with.  I guess I will find out on the 18th.

Journeyman

i know that i can use my 32gb card from my orig. evo but i do not know how to install it....any help with this would be appreciated?

Journeyman

Remove the top back of the phone that is where the card goes near the camera.

Master

Here's a snapshot of the memory breakdown from Android Central.

uploadfromtaptalk1336605697937.jpg

So to answer your question, you only get 2GB internal to play with for apps, 10GB for music/pictures/etc.. and the remainder is for updates and such as I recall.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.