cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Buy Back

Journeyman

Evo Buy Back

I am still thinking about replacing my EVO 4G with the EVO 4G LTE, and checked with sprint about selling back my Evo.  They would give me $70 for it!  That seems pretty good to me!  The last time I tried to sell back a 2 year old phone, I was offered $5. Do you think they'll still offer $70 after the Evo 4G LTE is released?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Evo Buy Back

Sell it on craigslist.  The Evo's are going for around $150 in my area.

GrandMaster

personally im keeping my EVO 4G around just in case the new phone goes south on me. not to mention you would probably get more money out of the phone if  you sold it on say craigslist or something.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Employee

I agree, I can't tell you how many people that I've spoken to who had lost, destroyed, or sent phone into the manufacturer for service who are extremely upset that they did not have a phone to fall back on, and I could not offer them a discounted phone. This is why I usually suggest keeping at least one inactive, working phone at home, just in case it is needed.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Wizard

Very true.  Plus, it's a great entertainment device for my 8 year old.  You can't find anything that plays music, games, and surfs the web on WiFi for $70.

GrandMaster

yah if it werent for this i wouldnt have a way to get back out of the whole "sd card unmounted" problem i have off and on...which i put everything onto my computer and reformated it..was working great for about a week and then it happened again...so either my sd card is croaking or there may be a corrupt program/file that i just transfered right back onto my sd card...awesome

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I have a drawer full of old phones that I use in case of emergency.  Well, they're not all that old, but I do still have an old brick phone...just because I can't bring myself to get rid of it!

Journeyman

I'd definitely keep it!  Great as a backup as some have said.

Journeyman

I'm keeping my Evo (ideally) after I get the new LTE model. I plan on using mine as an android mp3 player/media device.

Plus it'll be handy to have a back up phone I know I can rely on ;-)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat