cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External speaker volume

Highlighted
Journeyman

External speaker volume

Anyone else notice that the speaker volume is about half that of the original EVO 4G?   I like how loud the speaker of the OG is.  I often complain about other people's phones and how quiet the are. Well now I am complaining about the EVO LTE and the low volume of the speaker. For YouTube, hands free (w/o BT), etc...

I have not gotten the phone yet but have been reading this forum about the issues or non issues, but no one seems to have brought up the low speaker volumn, I am not impressed and this is an issue for me. 

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Master

Oh no, it's an issue. It's way to low. What FireGuy and myself are hinting at is that HTC lowered the output to prevent the speaker from blowing. Problem is, it seems like they lowered it to much as the internal is louder then the external sometimes.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm pretty certain that the speaker volume can be fixed with a software update because I've seen software updates for speaker volume in the past. That's not to say that it will happen, but I will be submitting feedback to have this looked into.

-Donnie

Highlighted
Journeyman

DONALIEN wrote:

I'm pretty certain that the speaker volume can be fixed with a software update because I've seen software updates for speaker volume in the past. That's not to say that it will happen, but I will be submitting feedback to have this looked into.

-Donnie

Ohh ok, Well then there is hope. Thanks Donnie, for the info and hopefully someone will listen. 

Was at the Sprint store again today , almost pulled the trigger, (I'm scared...Hehe) Another 2 yrs with unknown time frame for LTE....

Tomorrow is another day and a day closer to caving. Lol. 

Highlighted
Master

Donalien, have you actually played with the LTE phone? If not, find a phone somewhere and give it a whirl, you see exactly what were describing above. The External speaker is VERY low in output expecially for calls, to the point of being unusable in a room with background noise.

First time I used it, I happened to be in a quiet room and didn't notice a problem, soounded great and I even mentioned it in another thread somewhere. Couple days later when I used it again, this time in a louder enviroment, not so good couldn't hear the person at all with the speaker phone, had to switch back to internal to hear. Then I just about blew my eardrum it was turned up so loud.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

Donalien, have you actually played with the LTE phone? If not, find a phone somewhere and give it a whirl, you see exactly what were describing above. The External speaker is VERY low in output expecially for calls, to the point of being unusable in a room with background noise.

+1 ....very disappointed in the speaker.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also dissapointed with this. I had PowerAMP on my Evo & I raised the speaker volume even more that how it was. Which I liked because I could just play my music on speaker while showering & I could hear the music just fine. But, the Evo LTE doesn't allow me to do that. I also installed PowerAMP on the Evo LTE, hoping I could raise the speaker's volume output, but no luck. I still can't hear it while showering. This was also annoying when I was watching some YouTube videos & could barely hear the audio. I hope they release a fix for this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I had my evo 3D I wasn't happy with the volume level. I bought an app by Meltus named Volume + (Volume Boost) for $1.99 which brought the volume level up quite a bit. I now use it with the 4G LTE. The paid version allows about 20 levels of volume boost and warns you to be careful, lest you blow out the speaker altogether. I've found it safe to jack the speaker sound level up +12 (haven't dared to go any higher yet), but if you use the app you should start with a low level of boost and keep working up by steps as high as you dare. The app allows separate boost levels for speaker, headphones, and bluetooth. It also has several bands of EQ which you might find useful. There is also a free version named Volume + FREE that naturally offers less, but you might be able to get the results you need from it. I thought the paid app was well worth the $1.99 I spent for it.

Highlighted
Master

Didn't I just reply to this? Weird. I tried the Free version which only goes to Level +8, didn't have any affect on my phone. I actually had it sitting next to my GF's phone and they sounded the same after installing it only on my phone. I was kinda bummed as I was hoping for even a little increase. But it did say that it may not be compatible with all devices.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

You actually did reply to this message just a few minutes ago -- but it was in a different thread (the one about the software update where speaker volume is just one of the issues). After putting up my message there, I remembered that there was a separate thread dedicated to the speaker issue, so I came here and posted the same message because I thought that it was more directly relevant here.

Sorry that it caused you a "deja vu" moment.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haa,  I saw it first on the other too, but thank you again, I'm going to try it tonight with the paid version, and let ya know.

Highlighted
Master

heh, funny. I'm gonna have to give the FREE version another shot tonight, once I'm satisfied ht ephone is running good which it seems to be after the HR. Hopefully I may notice a difference with the update in place. 

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat