cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facial Recognition

Highlighted
Journeyman

Facial Recognition

Has anyone tried out the facial recognition feature to lock and unlock their phone? I was ready to set it up but hesitated in the fear of” what if’s. “Will the lighting indoors or outdoors affect hoe the camera compares the two images?

This may be a cool way to lock and unlock but is it practical? 

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Facial Recognition

I haven't had extensive use with it but from what I have it's decent, it exceeded my expectations. It can be impacted by the lighting but you can just enter the security pin/unlock pattern if it fails to recognize your face.

Journeyman

It works great for me. You can input multiple images to help with different lighting, glasses on or off, shaved or unshaved. I have 6 photos in and it recognized me about 90-95% of the time. You can also set up a passcode or pattern for back up.

Journeyman

Thanks, I was worried about what if it didnt recognize my face, but someone thought of a way as a back up with a pin number, that was a reason I didn't try it but now that I know there is a way I'll give it a try.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat