cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally figured out how to run speedtest. Are these good numbers?

Journeyman

Re: Finally figured out how to run speedtest. Are these good numbers?

Sadly, my test from just now was 471ms ping w/ 201 kbps up and 109 kbps down.

GrandMaster

cheer up...i just tested and got 23kbps down and 236 up...be happy..you could be in my shoes lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nice speed what part of the country are you in? Are you in a first round market?

Master

He's connecting to the Fort Worth, Tx. tower, so I'm assuming he's in Texas. Also makes sense since that's one of the locations or round about where the 1st rounds for the LTE Vision Network will go live.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

warrior391 wrote:

This is sad...WE are looking at 1, 2, maybe 5 or 6 mbps, on LTE?  Had a guy do a speed test on his VZW Nexus, upwards of 17-20 Mbps up.  and plenty down. I keep teeter tottering. Sprint EVO LTE , VZW Nexus or SIII.  Ugghhh

I also did speed test on my OG EVO and the EVO LTE, Pfffttt. Embarassing.  Neither one of them got even 1/2 Mbps...between .27-.43  Really?? 

This is embarassing and we are paying a premium for premium phone with sub premium service.  Hmmmmm.

The LTE network has not officially been launched and is still undergoing testing. Many sites may have equipment on the towers but have no upgraded backhaul to get the connection back to the data center. This is why many of the towers are also actively blocking LTE connections even though they are active and broadcasting, they are broadcasting with a test message in place so the phones automatically ignore the signal.

There have been speed tests posted in other communities showing a tower being actively tested with download speeds reaching 35Mbps, then the tower being shut down once the test process was completed. They just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get a speed test while it was active.

Journeyman

Yes, that's right.  I'm in Texas and the tower that I think I am hitting (and it's also the tower that I will get LTE signal from time to time as they are "practicing") is located about 7 miles north of Marlin, TX on State HWY 6.  My LTE speeds have not been near 35mbps but only 6mb down and up speeds ( I'd take that ).   But again, it's not suppose to even be here and they are definitely playing around with something.  I leave my phone on CDMA/LTE so that I can see when the 4G lights up, which is only a couple days a week right now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat