cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Google Wallet Already!!!

Journeyman

Fix Google Wallet Already!!!

This has been broken for WEEKS. Very little has been said on why it happened in the first place. Google has more money than god and it takes them this long to fix? I usually have nothing but good things to say about google but this issue they have really **** the bed. I understand it might not be a critical service but come on.

What is the holdup?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Fix Google Wallet Already!!!

I apologize for the issue. Google Wallet users may encounter a failure  with NFC when trying to tap and pay using Google Wallet at Point of Sale. Just want to inform you that  it is a known issue that both HTC  and Sprint  are currently working  to fix in an upcoming Maintenance Release. I appreciate your patience in this regard.

Abe

Journeyman

They already have our money so there is no need to rush.

Journeyman

Please give us an estimated time. Telling us its a known issuse and not explaining anything is very frustrating

Journeyman

Agreed, irritated customer.  Been with Sprint for a few years now, last device was the OG EVO and saved my upgrade for this device, mainly for this specific feature. It doesn't work and all we get is a vague, open ended "known issue, fix in progress". it's been a month, come on guys!  loosing faith in both this carrier and manufacture. 

Edit: Play Store now says this: "Google Wallet will be unavailable on the EVO 4G until an OTA update in July."

Master

Saw the following earlier today,

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-wallet-support-coming-evo-4g-lte-ota-update-july

If you own a HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint you are probably not happy knowing that you don't have any Google Wallet support at this time, and the most recent update didn't bring you any either. The listing for Google Wallet in the Google Play Store has been updated with an interesting tidbit of information for EVO 4G LTE owners, saying it will remain unavailable "until an OTA update in July." Well, it's July now! And for the next three weeks. So let's just throw one of those "coming soon" lines atcha and be confident that Google will live up to its word here.

One thing I also want to point out is the mention of the OTA update. Could this be part of the MR update were eagerly awaiting? Could we see our OTA sometime this month? Or will this be a second, minor OTA update?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I mean come one first this 4g LTE was supposed to be working last month in Houston now I have to count the days till that but when I tried to used my google wallet all of a sudden something that worked when I got the phone is now useless. Not to mention the customs delay on this phone as well. This 4g LTE better be alot better than the WiMax on my EVO  and EVO 3D or I will be on my way to Verizon very soon. Glad I just bought the phone off someone rather than signing a new contract. The little money I save is a month is seeming like the old saying you get what you pay for.

Journeyman

By the way, a new update v1.22.651.3 with fixes to Wallet and other things is out!

Journeyman

Lol, beat me to it.  Downloading it now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Woohooo FINALLY - So glad to see this update finally. My top 3 bugs were fixed (hopefully so it says anyway) The time zone change message, the wi-fi disconnected which I couldn't stand and google wallet. Thank You Sprint although would have liked to seen this update faster at least it is here.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat