cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for EVO 4g lte, WiFi problem! (In my case anyway)

Journeyman

Re: Fix for EVO 4g lte, WiFi problem! (In my case anyway)

You have got to be kidding.  Like I have nothing better to do than to re-download and re-configure every app on my phone.

Highlighted
Master

Of all the things I can recommend I like this one the least.  Worst part is I cannot even give you a guarantee this will resolve the issue.  Based on your post you have already done everything else I can think of at this point.  I certainly understand the problems that come with the reset of the device.

Journeyman

Did the factory reset.  Did not help at all.

Waste of time.  This update is awful.

Journeyman

Making some progress... if I do a Factory Reset and do NOT restore my data from my Google account, WiFi seems to be working normally.  So some stored setting in my Google account may be corrupt or broken in some way, or there's an off-chance it could be some app I had installed interfering with normal power behavior.

I suppose this means I'll have to re-install all my applications manually, since Google doesn't give you the ability to pick and choose which settings or which applications or which data you want restored... it's all or nothing.

It does explain why a factory reset didn't seem to help though... it would have helped for a few minutes, until the automatic restore put the phone back into the same bad state it was in to begin with.

Master

It's possible it's your previous settings as Google does store them. If your like me, I have about 10 differnet WiFi systems I connect to during the week, e.g. work, home, parents house, brothers house, etc.. These known locations are stored and backed up and when you do a Hard Reset and connect to your Google acct they come back.

I can't remember though where this info is stored to remove it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yeah, I had a lot of settings out there in the 'cloud' and after doing a factory reset, followed by *not* restoring my old data, WiFi is now behaving normally on my Evo LTE.

It looks like there was some setting that was being restored that was in some way not compatible with Jellybean, but yet couldn't be changed... maybe something that could be read but not rewritten somehow, or set to some value that isn't valid or otherwise corrupted in some way.

It took a few hours to get everything reinstalled and reconfigured, but now it looks OK.  I'll update the other thread with the solution in case someone else experiences the same problem and searches for the solution.

Master

Glad that helped.

I had an issue where Play store wanted to reapply every app I had previously installed. Plus all settings. Hard reset without adding your Google Acct, prevents it. Then adding the acct manually through Acct's and Sync seems to prevent it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.