cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front facing camera stuck on -- Help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Front facing camera stuck on -- Help?

So, pretty much I got the most recent Sprint/HTC update the other day and ever since, I haven't been able to switch from my front camera to the main camera.

The settings menu offers no option to change the camera and the other option buttons are greyed out. I've done several resets, tried other camera apps (still stays stuck), and changed every setting I could find to no avail. I've attached a pair of screenshots in an attempt to clarify what I mean.

Anyone else have this issue?

2012-09-15_14-24-50.png 2012-09-15_14-23-18.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Try this: Settings -> apps -> select all tab -> scroll down & select camera

Select force stop & clear data.

Then do a Sim battery pull.

Also see my HTC EVO 4G LTE Tips here: http://cellphoneforums.net/htc/t343484-htc-evo-4g-lte-tips-tricks.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still nothing

I don't know if this is also worth noting, but when I take pictures with the front camera, the quality is substantially worse than it should be. Like instead of being what I see on the screen before I press the camera button, its a gray, pixelated version of it. (and no I don't have any filters on)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any additional thoughts from anyone? I am absolutely clueless as to what I should do... Perhaps find the camera.apk somewhere online and sideload it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last, but not least... Backup all personal data and perform Factory Data Reset

Highlighted
Master

Buddy of mine went through the same issue. Performing a Sim Pull seemed to take care of it temporarily (about an hour) but it would eventually happen again. We even performed a Hard Reset and it did the same as the Sim Pull. Took it to Best Buy and showed them the problem, they to performed a Hard Reset and it came back. At this point, they were going to order hime a replacment phone and when he went ot take it back. It all of a sudden was working perfectly and has been ever since.

On a side note, have you performed the various system updates? I would make sure those are applied. Take it to the Sprint Store so they can see it and perform a hard reset themselves. The important thing here is to make sure they log it. If it comes back it will show they already performed a Hard Reset and the problem still exists. Maybe you'll get lucky like my buddy and it will work perfectly, if not, then it should be considered faulty hardware and need replacing.

You do have TEP, right?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat