cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOGLE WALLET ON HTC EVO 4G LTE

11 REPLIES
Master

Re: GOOGLE WALLET ON HTC EVO 4G LTE

Same here. Hopefully its taken care of by the time he MR comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still not working for me, and nothing but B.S. answers from customer service so far.

Journeyman

Pretty sad that no communication is being made for an eta. I was on the phone with a CS rep last night and all he was say was HTC is working on a fix that would be out "soon" but had no idea when.

Master

Yeah, I've been checking a couple times a day, once in the morning and again in the evening to see if its come back. Nothing. I've thinking these are people that changed which device it thinks it is.

Journeyman

the blogs are a flutter with how the HTC EVO 4G LTE and google wallet are playing nice... well all i have to say about that is...

Lies ... Lies... Lies... and more Lies... It is absolutely NOT working yet... Nor have i seen or heard from a single person who ACTUALLY has the phone and has it working.

Journeyman

I wonder if Sprint/HTC will give current owners a few token$ for having to deal with a product that temporarily doesn't work as advertised.

Journeyman

But can you give us an estimated time? If my bank denied me access to my money and then had no clue when they could restore service, I would be switching banks. I may not have all my money tied up in Google Wallet, but the money I do have is mine, and no one was even given a notice that they would be losing service. The least Sprint could have done was send out a text and an estimated time until its fixed.

Master

For the record, here's the article he OP references,

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-wallet-on-sprint-htc-evo-4g-lte-functioning-once-more-97931/

No, it does not work on my phone or the phones I hvae access to.

Journeyman

thanks@ aardgeek i knew about the existing issue i thought because of what i saw on androidauthority some people might have seen their google wallet work since the error message. i was able to set up my google wallet acct but 2days after i set it up is when i started getting the error message so i ASK AGAIN SINCE the error message that said google wallet not certified on this device has anyone been able to use theirs or has the error message gone away.

Journeyman

I think the OP is asking a "different" question. Today some users on a couple (non-Sprint/HTC) Android websites are saying their Wallet app has started working again, instead of failing with the 'not certified' error. I'm still getting that error, as are many - but not all - people commenting on the other websites.

I can't encounter a failure when trying to tap and pay because I can't even initialize/set up the Wallet app on my phone. Maybe we're talking about two different problems? I understand I can't set up the app because Google Wallet (or whatever) has "blocked" the EVO LTE. Apparently some people are now seeing that blocked status changed/fixed. Or something.