cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{Gmail Sync} Do anyone else have this problem

Journeyman

{Gmail Sync} Do anyone else have this problem

Gmail Sync not working. Please help me if you can thanks 🙂 http://img.tapatalk.com/186b0bdb-3b15-94e6.jpg>

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: {Gmail Sync} Do anyone else have this problem

I'm having the same issue!

Journeyman

I have had this problem for the last several weeks with the calendar app on my phone . I got a Nexus 7 over the weekend and found that it syncs OK. I used the "sync now" button on the calendar on the phone and events that I was looking at on the screen at gmail.com/calendar/ did not come across. I haven't added, deleted, or changed contacts lately, so I don't know if the failure to sync occurs with contacts too, but it's very likely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

aww thanks you hopefully it a solution to that. I try starting over like deleting the Google Account off the phone then delete the contact out of gmail. then when I connect again still the same problem.

Journeyman

Ok we can't disable task or that error will come up I figured that one out just now. But still no clue on to how to get the (Google Sync Internet) to turn green still hard to find out.

Master

Try the following,

Settings > Apps > Downloaded Tab > Gmail

Clear Cache, Clear Data, Uninstall Updates. Restart phone (maybe not necessary). Open Gmail, which will be the original installed on the phone, so it can make a connection and Sync. Then check the following,

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google

Everything looks good? Then apply the Gmail Update through Play Store if it's notified you by this time. After Updating, check Accounts & Sync again.

I had a similar issue, but in my case, Gmail came up with a completely White Screen that had to be Force Quit. Accounts & Sync showed various errors.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks, smotrs. I made a change in an event using calendar.google.com on the Web to create a test, then I followed your instructions. The change showed up. First time I've had the calendar sync in several weeks. (I think the propblem had started before the recent system update but can't be sure.)

Now for the big question -- do you have a solution for Sense reloading most of the time after I download apps from Google Store?

Master

To date, no. I've reported it to HTC and a number of others have also reported it to HTC. All we can do is hope it's addressed in the next update as it's pretty annoying.

I am however running in Safe Mode at the moment, and haven't had one reload. So it's possible a 3rd party app or software is causing it. Then again, without all the 3rd party apps, the phone probably isn't being taxed near what it normally is.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It still didn't help I followed all of your steps and when i went to Accounts & Sync> Google and everything went thru except Sync Internet still had the sync symbol with the ! next to it. I guess i have to uncheck the Sync Internet box and just forget about it. Well until the next update that might fix the (Sync is currently experiencing problems.) message.

Master

Try the following. Restart the phone. Soon as the First Boot Screen shows up, press and hold the Volume Down button. Hold it until you feel a very short vibrate followed by a very long vibrate, won't happen until the last boot screen shows up. After which, you can release the button and wait for it to finish booting. This will take the phone into Safe Mode disabling all 3rd party applications. Then see if you can force sync it again.

--

Master

BTW, Sync Internet simply syncs your search history as it relates to Google. When your logged in on a PC and search for things with Google, those same search queries will appear on your Android device when they Sync and vice-versa.

--

Master

Another thing you can try is deleting the Google Accoutn on the phone. Restarting. Then reconfigure the Google Account, see if that clears things up.

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google

Press the Remove Button at the top right of the screen.

To Re-Add the account,

Settings > Accounts & Sync

Press the Add Button at the top right of the screen, select Google, follow the instructions.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat