cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Calendar problem since update, anyone else?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Calendar problem since update, anyone else?

Since doing the OTA software update (3.15.651.16 170RD), Google Calendar does not sync properly. ...The EVO LTE shows the sync as successful but I noticed that if I add an event from my phone & sync, I do not see it if I login to my Google Calendar from my desktop browser or from looking at it on my phone browser. Events added from my desktop appear on my phone but not from my phone to the desktop. Can someone, who has updated test & confirm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cleared cache, did a hard reset, eventually bit the bullet & did a factory reset & my issue was resolved. This issue reoccured this past week, when I installed and uninstalled the Google Calendar app (recent app they created). ...I decided to reinstall the app & sync from inside the app, which resolved my issue. Thanks for the advice!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Sorry for the inconvenience.If there is an issue with Google Calendar Syncing then try this step - Delete all Recurring Events you have set up in your Google Calendar.

Steps to delete repeating events

To delete one event or the entire series, click the title of a recurring event and then click Delete. You'll then be asked to choose which events in the series should be deleted:

1. To delete only one event in the repeating event series, select "Only this instance."
  2. To delete all the events in the repeating event series, select "All events in series."
  3. To delete all upcoming events in the repeating event series, select "All following

Should sync fine once you delete all repeating events.

Let me know

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

This problem is simply with adding new events (I've only added single events so far).

Troubleshooting steps:

+Deleting Google account

+Reset phone by holding down power button until reset.

+Add Google account back

...I also still want to know if others are experience similar issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having issues with my calendar not working properly since the most recent software update a few days ago.  When I add an event and click save, I get the pop up box that says "event saved" but it doesn't show up on my calendar anywhere. Very frustrating since I use my calendar a lot.  Has anyone had this same problem?  My mother has the same phone and also just updated her software to the same version and her calendar is working fine.

Highlighted
Wizard

I carried the Evo 4g lte for a little while but can't remember enough to answer my own question: is this HTC's own calendar app you guys are having an issue with?

What about downloading Google Calendar from the app store and seeing if that works without any issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  I try adding an event to my calendar, pop-up says "event saved" but then nothing on the calendar. I've had more issues since the update than I can shake a stick at.

Highlighted
Master

Do you have All Calendars enabled in the Pulldown menu? It's possible you have multiple calendars, Google and Phone and one of them is turned off or not visible but your adding the event to that calendar.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, ALL CALENDARS is checked.  Still no word from Sprint customer service either.

Highlighted
Master

I think I may have responded to you in another thread with the same situation.

Most likely we will need to wait for an update for the phone before we see a change. In the meantime, about the only thing you can try is the following. A Cache Wipe or a Hard Reset to see if they make any difference. The former will not do anything to your data, the later will essentially make your phone brand new. So if you opt to try the Hard Reset, you should make sure all your data is backed up to a cloud server.

By the way, have you gone online to see if the event shows on the Google Calendar?

http://www.google.com/calendar

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cleared cache, did a hard reset, eventually bit the bullet & did a factory reset & my issue was resolved. This issue reoccured this past week, when I installed and uninstalled the Google Calendar app (recent app they created). ...I decided to reinstall the app & sync from inside the app, which resolved my issue. Thanks for the advice!

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat