Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store not working...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Play Store not working...

Hi All,

It seems that my Google Play Store hasn't been working for at least a month. Whenever I get an update notification for my apps and attempt to update it the Google Play Store will open and immediately close. Same actions happen when I attempt to open the Play Store manually. I've tried to clear all of the data and cache and re-started my phone but that doesn't seem to help as well.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Google Play Store not working...

Tooshie_Lona,

Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear about this. Have you done any updates to your software?

Victor    

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the response!

I'm pretty sure I did an update on February 1st. I don't recall what type of update and if there was a problem before that. I just went to check if there are any more system updates and it said there isns't.

Thanks

Master

Try the following,

• Settings > Apps > All Tab > Search for Google Play Store and Select

Press Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons and then try the app again.

If it continues to not work, goto the above again and this time press the Uninstall Updates button. This will revert to the Default version that was initially in the ROM. After which, try launching the app again. It may take a few minutes or longer before updating to the newer version. It may even initiate the download when you launch the app.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

Tooshie_Lona,

Thanks for your reply. Please update us if the steps Smotrs worked ( Thanks Smotrs) . What device do you have?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

I'm assuming its the LTEVO since this is the forum, but they could hav eposted i nthe wrong forum. In which csae, instructions might not be exact but should be similar for another phone.  

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat