cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice's "Making Calls" setting missing on HTC Evo4G LTE (can't change "use for all calls" to "use for international" or...)

Journeyman

Google Voice's "Making Calls" setting missing on HTC Evo4G LTE (can't change "use for all calls" to "use for international" or...)

I just upgraded Thursday to HTC Evo 4G LTE. Overall a great change. However, with Google Voice, I can't find how to change from "Use All Calls" to "Use for international" or the other two settings: "Don't Use" or "Ask for each call". The "Making Calls" menu choice is missing from the GV settings menu.  The status shows on the widget, however the settings don't enable changing it.

The odd part is both the original EVOs (we have several in our family) are all running Google Voice Build 0.4.2.54 -- the same build as just installed from the Google Play on my new HTC Evo 4G LTE. So it something that is changing the menu under settings. Comparing the old Evo -- my wife's that still active and my new Evo LTE -- running the same Google Voice build, the Evo LTE is missing the "Making Calls" setting (also has 1-2 new settings).

It seems like GV is getting some environmental config setting to hide that part of the menu. For example on my old (now deactivated) EVO -- many settings are now removed since its no longer active. I don't intend to use that old device, however this illustrates there are environmental factors that change the menu settings.

I'm trying to determine what might be causing this to be missing or if it has been moved somewhere else (the later doesn't seem likely). I'm confusing people (personal friends) who don't have my GV # which I mainly use for work. They get texts or calls from me and wonder who it is since its not coming from a number they recognize.

The transition to the new phone has been easy, except for this. The HTC 4G LTE is a great phone, flexible camera and no more memory issues with lots of apps. Lots of fun with the more advanced camera settings yesterday on Memorial Day. Great transition from EVO 4G to EVO 4G LTE, except at this point is not being able to change the GV "Making Calls" setting.  I'd prefer to keep Google Voice operating how it was before (with the flexibility to how configure making calls).

Anyone else experiencing this? What solutions have you found?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice's "Making Calls" setting missing on HTC Evo4G LTE (can't change "use for all calls" to "use for international" or...)

If you push the menu button (the one with 3 dots) tap settings it is the second option in the menu. Hope this helps

Journeyman

Re: Google Voice's "Making Calls" setting missing on HTC Evo4G LTE (can't change "use for all calls" to "use for international" or...)

SOLUTION RECEIVED from HTC SUPPORT: 

Please log into Google Voice and go to Settings > Phones tab > Forward calls to. Click the “Disable Google Voice on your Sprint phone” link. This should reset Google Voice to the settings with which you are familiar.

Apparently when switching phones it (or I accidentally) activated the Sprint integration for Google Voice.  Now the "Making Calls" menu choice is back.  A simple fix, just hard to find.  Thanks HTC support!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat