cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Re: Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

I noticed this issue yesterday. I set up my wallet suceesfully when I first got the phone and started looking for a place to use it. I haven't found one yet so yesterday I decided to check and see if my $10 was still there. I got the error C.P.S. listed above. I found many complaints on the app in Google Play. I looked for this thread here to see if there was any better info here. I did find that I could access the funds via the web site. My $$$ is still there and it seems I can spend it on the web. I might do that since sadly none of the listed stores in my area actually take it and it doesn't work on the phone anyway! Ah well. I will continue to wait as I have no other choice! I'm starting to think the delay for those of us that preordered was actually training for our ownership experiance! LOL...

Journeyman

Well since Sprint is looking at launching their own pay system, I wonder if  they are the ones blocking it.

Do a web search for Touch Wallet and you will find info on it.

Journeyman

Not according to your rep in chat. She had no clue what I was talking about. Even suggested I made sure my phone was turned on.

Master

Has anyone else noticed when you launch Google Wallet it now displays the following,

"Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device / carrier."

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes indeed; seems to be the new normal. Slightly better than the previous behavior (at least on my phone) where the app seemed to stall-hang in the initial setup of Wallet.

Journeyman

mine says the exact same thing as yours @smotrs

Journeyman

What is the Google Wallet support phone number?

Master

I had mentioned before that it was available through the following,

Open Wallet > Menu > Help > Contact Us

However, now that the message and functionality has changed until they correct the issues, you are unable to get into the app. At this point, the only means to contact them is through the following,

http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/request.py?contact_type=contact_policy&policy=mobile

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks. They said EVO is still supported but they are having outages for some devices.

Journeyman

Well, the outage and silence continues. We still have yet to hear anything official from google/sprint/htc as to WHY one of the touted and prime features of this "flagship" phone isnt working or when it will be working. This is becomming completely and utterly laughable. Nearly 3 weeks from launch and still no fix? This issuse is  inexcusable, when i spend this much money on a device i should not have to wait 3 weeks for a function and feature to work. Someone needs to get their head out of their *** and reslove this and/or communicate to the customers exactly what is going on. There is no reason what so ever it should take a tech compay this long to fix such a ridiculous problem. ESPECIALLY when it worked at the onset!

Journeyman

Times like these make me appreciate these forums.  I thought I had a corrupt application or a problem with my Wallet Account, after reading this I am releaved - though only slightly.  Hopefully a fix is forthcoming and soon!  I had replenished my Google card and I do not believe there is anyway to access that money other than through the app.  It's a slippery slope when you mess with people's money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, are we supposed to get some sort of free credit ($10.00?) for Google Wallet on this phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE)?  I know it's a moot point right now since the app is down, but I'm still within one week of my activation.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat