cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Re: Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Yes, by default once you activated or signed up you received $10 on the Google prepaid card as a freebie.  I did receive that when I initially received the phone.  I had then re-loaded that same prepaid card with funds from my own account.  Now it is tied up until they deploy a fix or update.  Once fixed I believe you are still entitled to that free money, as far as I know that promotion was through Google for most any phone activating the Wallet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  I'll give it a try once the app works again.  I'm always up for free money! 

Master

As soon as you activate Google Wallet and claim the Google Prepaid Card, it will have $10 applied to it. So yes, you'll get $10 once they fix things.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

For those interested,

AndroidCentral wrote:

Google has confirmed that a software issue is to blame for the HTC EVO 4G LTE and its Google Wallet woes. Previously we reported that many users were experiencing a problem where the app was said to be unsupported or in an unsupported country, and Google says this is all caused by a software issue on the phone itself. While there was no mention of when to expect a fix, Google assures that it's fixable in software, and is working with HTC and Sprint to rectify the issues. This all hashes up pretty well with Google Wallet Support's previous statements, and we hope to see a fix come out soon.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-says-software-blame-htc-evo-4g-lte-glitches-google-wallet

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/21/3108576/google-wallet-confirms-software-issue-htc-evo-4g-lte

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Agreed! Wallet has never worked on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. I have updated it, and still get the message ( Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network) The end of my 2 Year contract is coming up Sprint. Just saying :-P

Journeyman

Go to your Google account online and add in payment methods. You can access Wallet when you make Google Play purchases but not much else. Wallet has never worked on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. I have updated it, and still get the message ( Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network) The end of my 2 Year contract is coming up Sprint. Just saying :-P

Journeyman

Working fine for me here. I used it at my local Home Depot yesterday to buy a pack of gum lol. Anywhere they have those bump to pay pin pads I imagine it will work. It can be set up via computer or phone with bank and credit cards.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat