cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Journeyman

Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

I got the new HTC EVO 4G LTE yesterday and tried to setup Google Wallet o nthe phone. When I try to add a google prepaid card, I get "prepaid not available" error. Does anyone know why this is occuring and a solution for it?

30 REPLIES 30
Master

Re: Google wallet on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Server not available. Maybe.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Try contacting Google Wallet,

Open Wallet > Menu > Help > Contact Us

Pick the appropriate phone number or contact method.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I get a different error every time I try to use it.  I have a Citi card and have tried to enter it half a dozen times, never works.  Can't use the prepaid card either

Journeyman

Google Wallet has confirmed that there IS an issue with the software on the phone. They are working on a fix and should have an update available soon.

They said they would email me as soon as the software patch was available. If I remember too, I will post back here.

This is a copy of the email they sent me after I got off the phone with them:

Hello XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for calling Google Wallet. You called us regarding being unable

to use the Google Wallet app on your new HTC EVO.

We're aware that Google Wallet payment cards are unavailable and our

engineering team is working hard to make sure Google Wallet is working as

intended. We will be sure to let you know when full functionality has

resumed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Master

smotrs wrote:

Try contacting Google Wallet,

Open Wallet > Menu > Help > Contact Us

Pick the appropriate phone number or contact method.

The more people who do this the more Google will see the need to get the fix, that Carpenter mentioned, to the masses.

--

Journeyman

This is absurd, this issue is rampant and plaguing the HTC EVO 4g LTE users, yet it is barely getting addressed. I called Google wallet today, and was simply told it’s a known issue with the application, and they are monitoring the situation.. NOT resolving it, but monitoring it.. And they have no ETA for the problem to be fixed. Sprint, when one of the major highlights and selling points of your phones aren’t working, you may want to step in and see what is going on here. This has been a reported issue for almost 2 weeks, yet there is no solution. What makes matters worse is that users on XDA forums have already determined how to fix the problem, but it requires your phone to be rooted. I do not want to root my phone. I want to know why Google or HTC or Sprint can’t push an update that can clearly fix the problem.

Master

We are aware of the issue and are working with HTC to get a fix out.   HTC has to correct the problem then test it out with all the other capabilities of the device.  They are responsible that the software not crash  the phones.   When you root your phone and use a fix from xda developers or other sources you are using them as is and at your own risk,

Journeyman

Thank you for your speedy response in acknowledging this issue, i am delighted to hear something is actually getting done to address this problem. As from the responce i got from the Google wallet customer service rep, it seemed that Google was doing nothing to get it fixed. The last thing i want to do is root my phone to make a security sensitive application work! I want a real fix, and hope to se something soon.

Journeyman

I'm really trying to not come off as a Butt head here.

But Now HTC is interested in testing the device with the application? Instead of before it's release?

I'm sorry but I have to call B.S. I don't think this fix is at all up to HTC, especially since there where several people able to use the application before Google cut us off. I was one of them, I was able to make one purchase the day I got the device then after clearing my settings from Google Wallet to play with some things I couldn't get back in. Somewhere in that time frame Google/Money Market flagged the device type on their end.

Also, the fact that people are able to change the devices finger print to a Galaxy Nexus and get in and succesfully use the application makes me think HTC again has nothing to do with it.

I'd like a more technical explaination as to why this is HTC's fault, I am not saying it isn't their fault, I am saying it sounds unlikely.

Considering this an app we are supposed to trust with our money, its not making me feel very confident. There are several reports of people who have sizeable chunks of money added to their prepaid cards and can't do anything with it because of this. Luckily I wasn't able to top off with the $100 I wanted too.

If my bank had cut me off from my money for 2 weeks I would be finding another bank quickly, sadly we're stuck with a broken feature until someone gets off their butt and does something about it. And yet still Sprint and Google are touting on Twitter the devices ability to use Google Wallet, with all of us current users stuck in the dark as to what is going on and how long till we can use it.

It's all really pretty rediculous, especially since it takes 30-45 days to refund money from Money Market (Google Wallets payment provider) back to your bank account. They can certainly pull it out of my account in 30 seconds.

All in all, I don't trust the application and honestly probably won't ever use it beyond the money that Google gives you for activating it. Sadly it was one of the top reasons I bought this phone. I'm an early adopter, and early adopters drive the tech industry - I wish Sprint, HTC, and Google would realize this.

Journeyman

Thats just great, smh one of the main reasons I upgraded.

Journeyman

Over 2 weeks and still no resolution for this problem. This is now porberind on laughable and absurd.. Someone at Sprint/HTC/Google need to tell us what is going on with this issue. I purchased this phone to be able to use this feature .. and it has not worked once ever.

Edit**** Now the application wont even open period.. The error is now "Unfortunately, Google wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier."

This is simply unacceptable on all levels. This indicates google has directly disabled the feature on all HTC EVO 4G LTE phones with out any information what so ever. People that had cards and money now can not even enter the application or access thier money. GET IT FIXED!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat