cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Phone seems to think there's no SIM card...

Go to solution
Journeyman

HELP! Phone seems to think there's no SIM card...

So I wake up this morning and notice the message "Preparing SIM card" on my phone's screen.

No big deal, as it happens when my phone resets.

But then it happened again... and again... and again... and now I'm getting occasional notifications that there is no SIM card in the phone.

I can't take my phone to a Sprint store, since the closest one is more than an hour's drive away (in Erie, PA)...

I REALLY don't want to do a factory wipe.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: HELP!  Phone seems to think there's no SIM card...

Never mind.  Decided to do one anyway.  I just hope it works...

Journeyman

It didn't.

Journeyman

I'm on a fixed income and just can't afford to buy a new phone.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Master

Re: HELP! Phone seems to think there's no SIM card...

ADMIRALSIRJOHN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are here to help! It sounds like there may be an issue with the SIM card in the device. It is possible to get the SIM card replaced by our international department. We can contact that department for you but, we will need account access. Click here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Master

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry you don't need to buy a new iphone what you can try is to remove the sim card off the phone and put it back on. Sometimes this fixes the issue. If it doesn't then you will need a new sim card to put an end to this issue. Let me know if this helps. - Saul
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

There is no separate SIM card.  It's hard-wired into the motherboard.

I re-activated my old Blackberry until I can buy a new phone (HTC One Max) next week (using the Easy Pay option - it'll hurt, but I need an Android).  Until then, my Evo 4G LTE is an Android-powered iPod Touch...

Thanks anyway!

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN - Thank you again for reaching out to us. I noticed that the last agent is having you to send us a private message. Once the message is received we will be able to assist you further. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've already chatted with Customer Service.  Since I did not opt for the protection plan, there was nothing they could do, as the phone is out of warranty (I bought it in July 2013).

Needless to say, when I buy the One Max next week, I will be adding device protection to my bill!

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN - Thank you for posting. I can definitely understand your concern in regards to this issue. Please follow the instructions in the link provided and we will do our best to assist you. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Let me say this again, The HTC Evo 4G LTE DOES NOT HAVE A PYSICAL SIM CARD.  That functionality is part of the motherboard.

Unless you are willing to replace the phone at no cost (which, since it is out of warranty and since I have not bought device protection, us highly unlikely), there is really nothing any of you can do.  The nearest location where the phone can be serviced is outside convenient travel distance.  Ultimately, it will cost me less to simply upgrade ahead of schedule than to try to repair a phone that I will be upgrading in six months.

Thank you for your assistance.

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN So that we can further assist you please private message us using the information found here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - MitzieSprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat