cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 4G LTE -- should I pass on this phone??

Journeyman

Re: HTC 4G LTE -- should I pass on this phone??

While I agree that you shouldn't just look at the forums for a decision on whether to get this phone or not, I would add this - look at the number of people who are actually having problems with this phone and the type of problems they are having... and it seems to be a lot.  Honestly, me included.  I had the 'old' Evo and LOVED it, which is why I got the new one when I was eligible for an upgrade.  I hate this new phone, because I've had nothing but problems with it.  So... read the forum and take it the number of complaints you see into serious consideration.  Just my two cents.

Master

Yeah, but what's the percentage of problems compared to no problems? How many of these phones were sold? Is it really allot, or do the forums portray it as allot simply because that's where people go? If you weren't having problems with your phone, would you even bother going to the forums to research it let alone praise it?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Must agree with 'smotrs' !

I own both ltevo and SGS3!! Both have have plus and minuses....if you looking for a good device that fits the hand a bit better ....evo!!

I feel comfortable recommendIng ltevo!!  I think it is a solid phone! Even though personally I lean toward my sgs3.

I always listen to to the Sprint "Tech" (s) too!!

Best of luck!

S.  Gek

Journeyman

The construction is rock solid. But, HTC just can't do software, they keep hogging gorgeous devices with the sense crap. I can understand that is their differentiating factor to stand out in the crowd but it's also one factor that is hurting their devices the most. Let's see how does sense 4.1 do, I am hoping for it to fare well becuase we need that competition in the market. I used SII before upgrading to the 4G LTE, and overall it is giving me better radio performances all around. The flipside it started crashing 4,5, 7 times in a day. Took it to two Sprint repair centers, no help. Finally had to call HTC, they had me reset the device, run it in safe mode and what not, no help. Finally had to send it in, now it is the second week and I call in to find out that it is waiting for a motherboard. Go figure. There are a lot of other people out there with better experiences, I am usre, but for me it has been quite a disappointment so far. Also, what am I supposed to do when I send in a device for repair. Fortunately I had an old EVO 4G to fall back on, but shouldn't HTC or Sprint be responsible for giving me a loaner or something since they sold me a lemon in the first place. I shouldn't need insurance for a defective phone. If that's the case that would just provide the manufacturer an incentive to sell shi**y devices. End of rant.

Journeyman

Maybe someone from Sprint can confirm this.  I was considering cancelling my lines. A lady in the retention dept. told me that ALL TOWERS were being upgraded to LTE.  Not just the major market areas like ATT and Verizon.  Sounds like a lie to me.

Journeyman

Stay away from LTE until they get the LTE up and running. My EVO LTE has been almost useless for calls and data for weeks.

Master

Eventually, all Sprint towers will be upgraded to the Network Vision LTE. Some will come later then others.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It has been very interesting reading all the reviews and comments on this phone.  Seems to be a love it or hate it device.  I'm still on the fence about it.  Have been reading the ATT forums and see a few of the same issues with wifi and connections, though not as many. 

Since my renew date is this week, I may just coast with the trustworthy blackberry for now. 

Journeyman

It's not the phone it's the network. The HTC EVO LTE is awesome! I was just told this by the person as high as i could go. She offered to waive my cancellation fee and I asked for one last ditch thing, to replace my phone with a different one. She replied that it was not the phone it is the network. I pled for an eta so i could try and wait it out and she couldn't give me one. Verizon here I come

Journeyman

We have 2 of these phone, I will answer your question very simply, YES, pass on this phone, better yet pass on Sprint.  We have 1 year, 8 months, 17 days left on our contract and we are going back to AT&T.

Journeyman

I'm on my second Evo LTE device because the first phone's antenna simply stopped working and couldn't connect to 3G.  I should be getting four bars in some areas but I'm getting either one or two, some people say they're upgrading the towers or it's HTC's software/hardware. The phone is great, awesome camera the Beats audio is good for listening to music. Now  would I recommend this phone to a friend, honestly I would tell them to wait for a better phone.

Master

There's usually two possibilities. Towers or the phones antennas. There is allot of action going on with the towers at this time due to upgrades and switching over to LTE and Network Vision. So that's usually the first response. However, there have been instances where it's plainly the phone and its usually a result of the antennas on the back cover not making good contact with the attachment points when it's reinstalled. This could be a result of someone messing with or touching the copper antennas, applying to much force in the removal or install of said cover causing the antennas to tweak a little. Or it could just be a bad phone.

However, both the LTEVO and the SGIII have been reporting similar issues on Sprint and other networks, this leads me to believe there is something wonky with the antennas on both phones or a batch of phones that were rushed in to make the initial launch.

The biggest problem is if you have one of these phones AND there is work being done on the towers in your area or they are down in your area. As a result. you may not which problem your a victim of.

However, back to the original question. If your in an area with good connectivity. I don't think you can go wrong with either phone.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat